To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Monday, December 6, 2010

"Wisdom Doesn’t Automatically Come With Old Age. Nothing Does-Except Wrinkles. It’s True, Some Wines Improve With Age. But Only If The Grapes Were Good In The First Place."

~Abigail Van Buren

Crummy nasal drainage. Awake at 1am. Out of bed at 2am. Stalked people online. Checked out every current news article I could find on yahoo.com. Played about 16 rounds of Wheel Of Fortune on Facebook. Visited all of my bookmarked websites to catch up. Took a shower. Used the nettipot. Sprayed some (pregnancy-approved) saline nasal spray. Took more Tylenol. Watched three episodes of Glee on Hulu.com. Chatted on instant messenger with a few crazy people who were up early even in a later time zone. Used the bathroom five or six times. Organized my photos on my computer into new folders. Was officially bored by 3am. Snuggled under the sheets with Tony around 5am (read: tried to wake him up subtly by thinking we were snuggling but really I needed to talk and be able to make noise/turn on lights). Around 6am he woke up (by this time it felt like there was a giant, furry, tennis ball in my throat-hard to swallow and more painful when laying down as it made the drainage just sit in my throat) and made me some warm oatmeal and some caffeine-free tea. None of it seemed to sooth my throat, however things could be worse. At least I am not coughing/sneezing/achy and I don't have any other issues other than a sore throat. I'm trying to find the silver lining here, work with me. I just wish I were able to sleep it off or take medicine to make it better. But I'll take a sore throat over putting Peyton at risk any day.

Because I didn't want to expose the nanny kids to any potential germs, I did not work as I had planned today. Instead I got a lot of stuff done around the house by way of reading, laundry, dishes, organizing, cleaning, and various other assorted items on my "To Do" list while at home today. I got gas, dropped off all of the Christmas cards at the post office, and dropped off a birthday present for Darcie on my way to picking Todd and Nicole up from the airport this afternoon. They had spent the weekend down in San Diego and it seemed like they had a much needed vacation, but it was nice to have them back home!

After Tony got home from work, we planned a date at Texas Roadhouse and picked up some OJ for his sick wife on the way home (plus we took some extra buns home with us-how could those NOT make you feel better?!?). Hopefully I will be able to sleep tonight. I'm about to take some Tylenol because although it didn't help make my throat feel any better, it did knock me out last night enough to let me sleep until 1am, so I'll take any amount of sleep I can get at this point!

Tony has the next THREE DAYS off of work-I'm not going to say any more, as I don't want to jinx whatever strange hand fate had in making that happen. I wish I were in better health so we could take full advantage of our mutual days off together, but I know there's house stuff we could do if that is not the case. It'll be nice having him around!

Alright, I am off to bed to try and heal myself. Wish me luck. If nothing else, I get to cuddle with my husband (and I think I'll use the heating pad on my back tonight as although the TWO showers/baths and steam did NOT help my throat, it felt amazing on my back and scalp). Oh, and on my way to pick Nicole and Todd up from the airport today, I treated myself to a shake from McDonalds which did numb my throat (temporary relief at it's best because it tasted good) until I was so full I couldn't take another sip-and then my throat hurt again.

Okay, I'm REALLY going to bed right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment