To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

"Whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should."

~Ehrmann

HAPPY ONE YEAR IN OUR HOUSE, TODAY!!! (We'll try and take a picture tomorrow, as it was raining today and we want to take a picture in front of the house.) Who'd have thought that a year ago we'd be moving in and a year later we'd be ready to have a THIRD King join us here?!? Wow, it just goes to show you that there is a plan at work and sometimes it's even unknown to you at the time! I'm just glad we have a house to bring her home to! We are so blessed!

Excited that I woke up at 7am this morning, however that's not completely a determiner for how long I slept, considering I didn't even lay down in bed until 1am last night...busy day, yesterday! On the plus side, the Tylenol did it's job, again, and I only had gotten up once in the night to use the bathroom, so all in all, I consider last night a victory!

Got a call from my doctor's office this morning letting me know that my doctor had called in sick for the day and that I had one of two options: 1. reschedule when my doctor was back in the office in a day or two OR 2. get a later appointment today with someone else. I opted for #2 as I not only needed to find out where I stood with the whole contagious issue so that I knew if I could go work today, tomorrow, Friday, etc., but ALSO because this late in the pregnancy, I thrive on seeing a professional who can tell me, "Yup, you're just where you should be in the pregnancy; everything looks good, etc." So, I got re-scheduled for a later appointment.

Tony came along, which was nice, as his schedule doesn't usually allow for such pleasures. It turns out that poundage wise, I am 16 pounds up from my starting pregnancy weight. Of those 16 pounds, HALF (8 pounds for those of you mathamatically challenged people) of those pounds I have gained in the last 4 weeks. No wonder I feel like the size of a house! It took me 8 months to gain 8 pounds and now I've gained just as many in 4 weeks. Either way, sixteen pounds is nothing to shake your head at, as it is a fair amount to gain during pregnancy. The doctor decided it was not strep throat that I had (which I had figured based on how I was feeling and what my symptoms have been like, but...), which was nice to hear from her mouth. She said I am still contagious, but that I have been contagious for at least a week, so I most likely would've already shared any germs I had with the nanny children (if I hadn't caught what I had FROM them in the first place). Either way, she advised to continue drinking a lot of fluids, to wash my hands constantly, and to take Tylenol to help me sleep and reduce the symptoms, but overall, to just suck it up because there is no cure for the cold (pregnant or not). Like I mentioned the other day, I'm just glad the sore throat part of it is over, as I'd gladly take these cold symptoms any day over a sore throat! Plus, no amount of medicine will make me feel better knowing that somehow it could potentially harm Peyton down the road and knowing I could've acted differently and regretting my choices for trying to cut corners this late in the pregnancy. So, I continue to blow my nose, sneeze like crazy, and cough like a smoker until this bug is out of my system (and in the meantime, I will also be using sanitizer and covering my mouth as much as I can while drinking glass after glass of water and tea and cocoa).

The "new" doctor was actually quite nice, and I'd recommend her to any of you in the area who are looking for a new PCP...I am even considering switching, as she was just really easy to talk to, clearly knowledgeable, and very personable. I felt comfortable and confident that she was giving me her undivided attention and appreciated her attempts to answer all my questions and anticipate things coming up in my near (medical/family) future! Her name was Dr. LaHue and I'd gladly give you references if you need a new doctor out here! She also performed my 36 week pregnancy check up today. My belly is measuring at 37 inches (from sternum to pubic bone) which is right on course. My blood pressure  was 98/62...completely healthy. There was NO protein in my urine this time-Hooray! Like I mentioned before, I have gained eight pounds since the last appointment, but seem to be right in line with acceptable weight gain for this stage in the pregnancy. With a pelvic exam to see if I was dilated (which I was NOT-neither here nor there, totally normal) completed, she also swabbed to see if there was a streptococcus disease that I may be a carrier of that I would pass on to Peyton at birth, to which they could start giving me antibiotics now to avoid any complications for monkey later on. I should be getting those results later next week. Next she used a ultrasound device to confirm that Peyton is STILL in the head down position and that her face is facing the right direction (towards my back)-which it was. Then, before she put away the device, she checked Peyton's heart beat-happy and healthy at ~135bpm. We talked for a little while about what to expect in the next few weeks-especially with the labor portion of the pregnancy and I also had her nurse include an addendum to our birth plan to include the insertion of Mirena while I was in postpartum recovery at the hospital. After researching online and getting professional opinions, Tony and I agreed that this was the best choice for our future family planning at the moment. We also scheduled my FIRST postpartum appointment for the second week of January...wow! That made the whole "we're almost a family of THREE" thing really seem real!!!

Tony and I stopped off at Target to get some cold medicine for him and more Tylenol for me (as we were out of both items and I think I have passed my cold onto him because he was all stuffy today) before heading to Kohl's to try and get him some new shoes. My poor husband has such narrow and big feet, we always forget how difficult it is to find his size shoe (Men's 13 narrow) at a "regular" department store. Needless to say, our trip to Kohl's was a failure. I dropped him off at home, heated up some quick spaghetti for lunch, and headed to work.

When I got to their house, J was already down for his nap and K decided to take M with her on her errands so that I didn't have a chance to infect him if I haven't already passed on my sick germs. That left me there with not much to do. So...I stuffed their Christmas cards with their family picture/cards and got to work organizing their kitchen and laundry cabinets. Just as I was finishing, K and Mo Mo came home from their Christmas shopping errands and J still hadn't woken up from his nap (I was only there two and a half hours). I chatted with K about buying her breast pump from her, now that she is done and I will need to invest in one at some point, anyway.

On my way home, I chatted with my friend Ms. Morris out in Virginia, as her Facebook status alerted me to her horrible morning and I just wanted to check in with her. Turns out she had a very unfriendly doctor experience this morning and I just felt for her. Also stopped at the dollar store AND at Walgreens to try and buy a rubber ball for an art project I will be doing with J and other kids in the Mom's Group I belong to on Friday, but of course, I couldn't find one. It seems like there are ALWAYS rubber balls laying in aisles when I go to stores, but now that I'm actually looking to purchase one, I cannot find it to save myself. Oh well, I will try again tomorrow.

When I got home, Tony made macaroni and cheese, marinated chicken, corn and gravy for dinner and I mixed up a batch of our favorite cookies: Funfetti "Mary" cookies. (Tony and I call them "Mary" cookies because she was the one who turned us onto them.) Yum...and they actually turned out the way they should (the last few times they tasted/looked more like cupcakes than cookies and it was disappointing). I think the trick is to use REAL eggs instead of the egg whites in a carton that we usually use, as this time they were delicious and hit the spot!

After that, I got working on some pictures I needed to take for a project I am working on and listened to some random show on Hulu just to have some noise in the background while Tony and Nikki left to go pick up a game for Nikki at GameStop.

No Christmas cards in the mail today, but I have one confirmed arrival (if not more) of our Christmas card being received. It was a dreary, overcast, rainy day and I would like nothing more than to just go to bed and get toasty. Off to take some more acetaminaphin and lay down next to my hubby. Sweet dreams everyone.

Oh, and a special shout out to my friend Nicole for tomorrow is a really big day for her at work-a huge sewage proposal (that I completely do NOT support) is being heard by a board tomorrow and Nicole is coordinating a lot of rallying to oppose the (financial) imposition it has on our area. Good luck tomorrow! Thinking of you and wishing I were there to support you AND voice my particular view as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment