To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Thursday, December 9, 2010

"Three Grand Essentials To Happiness In This Life Are Something To Do, Something To Love, And Something To Hope For."

~Joseph Addison

Tylenol served it's purpose, for another night. Only woke up once to use the bathroom and then woke up for the day at 5am to use the bathroom again. Had some hot cocoa and oatmeal to try and soothe my throat (sore from all of the coughing I did last night and early this morning, but it didn't help. I feel overly stuffy and puffy today...like a full-fledged pregnant woman but probably more likely because of the stuffed sinuses. We were going to get a picture of us in front of the house today, but either because of work or rain, it never happened. The next few days are supposed to be rainy, so perhaps this weekend we will try again to capture what we look like as annual homeowners.

During the few hours we had in the morning, I got laundry started, updated the belly book for the start of week 37 of the pregnancy, had Tony write a letter to Peyton in her baby album, read a little, caught up on emails and Facebook, checked news online, and made a packing list for our labor and delivery luggage for the hospital.

I worked for about 5 hours today and although I had to be pretty careful with handling the boys (to try and not pass germs), it was so nice to spend a day with both of them! J and I had a nice time playing with trains and talking a lot, and M was all cuddly and getting ready for his MRI tomorrow morning (I'm coming in at 6am tomorrow so that J and I can hang out while M and my bosses are up in Roseville.). I hope everything goes well tomorrow AND that there is good news to report after the results are back from the MRI! Please pray for M and the family!

K sold me the breast pump and all of her extra accessories that she had been borrowing from a friend. She's transitioning M into formula and baby food as he is now older than six months and is eating so much it is hard to stay on top of the breast milk pumping. I'm excited for the deal on the pump and so incredibly grateful for her to share it with us! I hope Peyton takes to breast milk and breast feeding really well! I feel a lot better knowing we have it and are ready for when she comes home.

Came home and had two more Christmas cards in the mail-one from Mom and Dan and the other from our family friend, Kelly (who had addressed our letter to Ranchero Cordova-that was cute!). I felt so crummy when I got home from work. Non-stop hacking and flemmy throat, super stuffed up, overly drowsy and feeling completely lousy as soon as I entered the door, so I took some Tylenol to take an hour long nap after a hot shower. Unfortunately, the nap was NOT as rejuvenating as I had hoped. Tony made macarroni and cheese with sausages for dinner, which did feel good on the throat. We packed our luggage for the hospital and sent out our calling tree info to those of the people who are going to be contacted when we go into labor. For the rest of you, our friend Nicole will be posting information that we send her (as comments) on my Facebook page once things get underway, that way you guys will all stay informed as we focus on our newest family member and the excitement of labor and delivery. Stay tuned...

There are a few last minute things that we use day-to-day that we can't pack until it is time to leave, but for the most part, we are ready to rock!

Peyton has been active non-stop since about noon today and I sense she FINALLY just fell asleep (it's 11:15pm right now). Our little girl is getting so big and I am only sure she must be getting a little cramped in there. I'm hoping that means she'll come sooner, rather than later.

Both loads of laundry are done and run through the dryer, but I am so tired and so sick AND have to wake up early to be at work early in the morning, that I'm leaving the clothes in the basket overnight until I have time to fold/hang/put them away tomorrow after work (the FIRST time I have ever NOT put them away right away and I'm so exhausted and sick that it actually doesn't bother me as much as it might usually bother me). Tony put out the garbages and recycling, typed up his final paper, took an online quiz, and wrote two homework assignments on his last day off, today.

We are both ready for bed. Friends is turned on the DVD player, Tony's asleep, I'm about to take some Tylenol, and head to bed. Sad to report that my friend Nicole is STILL at the sewage hearing that started at 8:30am this morning-poor girl! Good grief, what a long day! I ended up NOT going to the last of the small group meetings/potluck tonight because of feeling sick and not being able to stop coughing. As much as I wanted to see everyone and go to discuss the last section of the book, I am so glad I did not go because I wouldn't have been good company AND I would've probably gotten someone else sick-and I would feel doubly bad if it was my pregnant friend, Meghan. I hope everyone will forgive me for not coming and had a good last meeting with each other!

Time to hit the hay! Hopefully I feel better tomorrow, as this being sick thing is exhausting!

No comments:

Post a Comment