To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Friday, December 3, 2010

"Things are beautiful if you love them."

~Jean Anouilh

Whew...LONG but fulfilling day! Started off the morning with a pleasant surprise...I woke up and the clock said 5:42am and that was the FIRST TIME I used the bathroom all night...can we get a WOOT WOOT?!? Oh, I have never celebrated my ability to hold urine more than during pregnancy. And I'm not ashamed to tell you that I did a little happy dance this morning (after I emptied my bladder, of course, otherwise that would've defeated the point). I got gas on the way to dropping Tony off at work, drop mail off to his Mom's, went to Target for a few items, stopped at the bank, mailed stuff at the post office, went to Pier One and World Market, stopped at Babies 'R Us and they did NOT have our pictures ready (again...sad), picked up some lunch, read a little for our small group meeting tonight, and came home. When I got home I SHOULD have read more for small group, but instead I made labels for Peyton's clothes in her closet and and in her dresser so that it looks organized but ultimately so my husband has no excuse not to live by MY system of organizing or dressing our little girl. I did this all after learning that my pregnancy has caused me to lose my ability to parallel park...it is so sad, I even had to document it because you wouldn't believe how bad it really has come to.

Here's how I would LIKE her closet to look...we'll take a progress report picture once things are underway in the new year to see if it stays like this once my husband has access...




Exhibit A and B




Let's just hope it is a pregnancy thing, as I would like to believe (and I swear to myself and to all of you) that I USED to be able to do this, no problem...even just months ago. Apparently my ability to judge distances is a little skewed with baby brain. At least it hasn't affected my driving abilities...so don't fear the road if you live by me! :)

After I dropped off some friends at the airport and picked up Tony from work, we grabbed a quick bite to eat at Chipotle and I dropped Tony off at home so he could work on homework while I went off to small group (I was late). Even though I was a half hour late, they waited to start (such nice people) and we had such a good time talking tonight! We actually talked until 10pm and the only reason we stopped was because we had stuff we had to do in the morning and needed to start getting ready for bed. I love this group! They always make me smile and feel so good! I really enjoy their company and they make me think deeply about stuff that I hadn't even considered!

Okay, now it is shower time and bedtime! Plus, Tony agreed to let me clip his fingernails, so I'm excited! Tah Tah for now!

Oh, and while I'm thinking of it, Peyton was moving a lot today but more so in the afternoon. I also got an email that made me smile. Someone from high school, who I didn't/don't know all that well other than we are acquaintances, emailed me today to refresh her with a link to the blog as she is also pregnant and finds my stories entertaining, comforting, and helpful. It just made me smile that I'm making a difference to people I didn't even know were reading this...and I hope that you, too, Peyton, find something useful when you're old enough to read this! Maybe it will teach you about the type of people your parents were...before they became the "ancient" people you've come to know and love, perhaps it will teach you about life in the early 20th century, or just maybe it will help you know how you started. Any way, I hope you can read this and it brings smiles to your eyes. I love you, baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment