To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

~Nicholas Sparks wrote this as the opener for one of my FAVORITE books...

"I am nothing special; just a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough."

I could NOT agree MORE! If I accomplish nothing else in this life, I will die happy knowing that I achieved what  Nicholas wrote above! I hope those of you in my life feel the love that I feel for you! I hope I show you my love above and beyond telling you how much you mean to me! That will be my new mission for 2011...to show everyone how important and how much they mean to me/us through action and not just words.

This morning I woke up after having a little acid reflux in the night-YUCKO! Luckily it didn't grow to anything bigger than that. No more Braxton Hicks after yesterday's wee-morning bouts. Sadly. I was hoping it would continue to help show me that she will arrive by her due date, or sooner. I'll keep you posted if I feel more! After having some cereal, I got to work on packaging up some awkward-sized gifts to send home to Wisconsin family. Tony took off for work and I finished up the wrapping of the items. I attempted to reach my toes to trim my toenails, but my belly got in the way, so I had to wait until Tony came home to get them cut. 

On my way to work, I sent off the last of the Christmas packages, stopped at the bank, and stopped at my boss's work to pick up the stroller that he still had in his truck that K needed that afternoon. The first half of work I got to spend just with J because M and K went to a doctor's appointment. At lunch time, K dropped M back off before heading onto her errand running. Poor Mo Mo had the last of his shot series until he turns one and the little guy was feeling little less than stellar. We cuddled after J went down for a nap and I wrapped a few gifts for K. She came home at 2pm and I headed home, grabbed the mail, picked up some dishes in the kitchen, and took a 2 hour nap-boy did that really feel good. I woke up to some heart burn, but at least I was well rested! I got started on some chicken parmesan for dinner and some homemade chocolate chip cookies from a new recipe I found. The cookies tasted good but were not as exceptional as I was led to believe. At least it was a yummy dessert.

I just got out of the shower and watched a movie on Hulu.com called Christmas Cupid....ehh? It was a cheap-o movie that was kinda like a Christmas Carol in modern times. Oh well, it helped pass the time. Now it is time to hit the hay. I did get a few more Christmas cards today: from the Barczak family, from a Sennheiser friend (Jason), and from a former roommate and friend (the Morris Family). The mail also had a vote-by-mail card for January 4th's local election and a free sample of Similac baby formula (not terrible to have as back up around the house). Kinda fun mail day, today.

Friends DVD is calling me into a sleepy bed...nighty night...

No comments:

Post a Comment