To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

"Life Is A Series Of Surprises."

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Amazing how many turns a day can take! I woke up 3 times during the wee hours of this morning to a few Braxton Hicks contractions. Kinda exciting seeing as how it lends itself towards getting closer to the end of the pregnancy and also exciting because they were gone as quickly as they came. I hope this means she's on her way very soon! Slept until 7am to wake up because Tony had made me some oatmeal for breakfast before I dropped him off at work. Today was yet another rainy day in the valley and because we had a breastfeeding class to go to in Folsom immediately after work, it seemed only right that I would not make my husband drive to work in the rain on his motorcycle when I could easily drop him off. Before heading out the door, we were disappointed to find one of the walls in our dining room/hallway covered in mini ants from floor to ceiling. With no obvious food source, no clear path of origin or destination, our only solution was to douse them with bug spray that killed them instantly. There were easily 200 of these mini annoying creatures and it grossed me out, to say the least. At first I got nervous because it appeared that the bug spray had bleached the walls and were leaving drip marks everywhere. Upon returning from dropping of Tony, I was pleasantly surprised to have been wrong. Not only were there NO bleach marks (which meant we didn't have to do wall touch ups) but all of the ants were effectively dead in their spots on the walls, ceilings, and floors. Of course, I did NOT clean up the mess and left the ant carcasses for my husband for when he came home tonight (hey, hey, before you go judging, I am not supposed to touch that stuff when I'm pregnant...and the ceiling stuff was out of my reach in the first place...).

I munched all day, took naps, talked with a few people on the phone, chatted with Mikee about her next plans in the work-department, tried getting a hold of my brother to see if he had gotten his secret santa package, listened to music, played on the computer, emailed, stalked, got mail, and just had a leisure day. I woke up this morning with a neck cramp...most likely a result of sleeping in an abnormal position or something like that. I tried taking a long hot shower to ease the pain. Although the shower did NOT help with the neck (or back cramps-I think my back was achy because of all of the coughing I've been doing this last week and a half), it was a perfect opportunity for me to shave my legs one LAST time before going into labor. Let's just end this story saying that I'm glad my husband was not present as trying to contort my overly pregnant self into the positions necessary for shaving my legs (when I can barely reach my knees, let alone my ankles) was less than impressive or attractive! Either way, mission accomplished and I do feel better that the doctor will not have to look at my mammoth hair covered legs during delivery because of my efforts this afternoon. Although, I'm sure they could care less and it's probably more of an issue for me than anyone. Regardless, it made me feel better!

I dropped off some mail to Mikee on my way to pick Tony up from work. On the way to his last job today, his work truck got stuck in the mud around 5pm. I figured it was a matter of a half hour or so for the problem to get fixed, so I headed over to pick him up so that we could go to the breastfeeding class. THREE AND A HALF HOURS LATER, he finally pulled into the yard at work. I had been off-and-on able to text him on his phone, as where he was stuck there was little cellular coverage, go figure, considering he works for a phone company. Anyway, while I was waiting, I had luckily planned ahead and had brought a book. My boss K had loaned me a really resourceful book about how to help yourself as parents trying to get a newborn onto a eating/sleeping schedule. It actually is a pretty knowledgeable book AND an easy read. it is called Baby Wise. After reading 150 or so pages, I turned to texting my friend Nicole for entertainment. When that was over, I treated myself to Subway across the street and picked up some food to go for Tony. When I was bored and done listening to music on the radio, I then headed back across the street to the 99cent store. I carefully perused every item in every aisle and used the bathroom twice while I was killing time there. Oh, and Mom (because I know you read my blog), while I was there, I found the same scrapbook tape runners that you had stocked up for me for 99cents a piece...do you want me to load you up and send some! What a steal! They are the same brand and everything!!! Just let me know! I plan on going back there to stock up for myself if nothing else!

Needless to say, because I had waited so long for Tony to get done with work, we missed our breastfeeding class tonight. It was the last in the series of prenatal classes we were to take. I plan on calling Kaiser in the morning to see if it is possible for us to reschedule, as I still feel it is an important class to take...we'll see what they say. Had I known how long it would've taken Tony's truck to get pulled out by the tow truck company I most likely would've gone to the class and just left a bit early to pick him up from work, but because he didn't have phone coverage, I just had to take one thing at a time and I knew that if nothing else, Tony did need a way home from work and that if all else fails, I will have the opportunity to be taught breastfeeding essentials during our postpartum stay at the hospital.

We got home around 9:30pm, Tony got immediately to work on some of his online course work that was due tonight and we had some hot tea and cocoa while doing our evening routine. Now it is bedtime. I really need to get on top of sending out the last few Christmas items to people who I won't see over the holidays so that it hopefully gets there before Christmas. I will try and get that done tomorrow before heading into work.

On a happy note, MRI results are in for Mah-tator-tot. He has a congenital nystagmus but no tumor! Yay! That is fantastic news! The doctor seems to think it will have no effect on his ability to learn to read-more good news. There may even be a chance that surgery or contacts will help. Thank you all for keeping him and his family in your prayers as I believe this is the best news we could have hoped for! Both of those boys are such amazingly strong fighters and such awesome young men! I am happy that the follow up appointment went so well today!


Now to bed with a heating pad, my warm husband, and a big glass of water (as my throat has been dry these last few nights). Buenas noches, el mundo!

No comments:

Post a Comment