To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Thursday, November 18, 2010

"Our Lives Are Not Determined By What Happens To Us, But How We React To What Happens, Not By What Life Brings To Us, But The Attitude We Bring To Life. A Positive Attitude Causes A Chain Reaction Of positive Thoughts, Events, And Outcomes. It Is A Catalyst…A Spark That Creates Extraordinary Results."

~Unknown


Woke up this morning to packages from UPS that got delivered at 9:30pm last night (after my bedtime). These wonderful additions to the nursery will be so great and help remind me of some great Berkeley friends! Amy, Jennifer, Talia, and Adin. There's a monkey bouncer, monkey storage collapsible container (that we will use as a hamper), a monkey wall hook, and a 3 monkeys in a tub rug. What a great surprise and fun way to start the day! And what amazing friends do we have!?!

Tony made me some yummy grits for breakfast and then threw together a crock pot full of beef stew type items before leaving for work. Got a bunch of dishes done before leaving, too.

The boys and I spent the day playing at their house (the Mom's Group play date at the park was cancelled because not enough people signed up) so I got a bunch of laundry, ironing, and cleaning done around the house and got to spend some much needed quality time with the boys on my second-to-last day of full time hours. J had a doctor's appointment this morning, so Mo Mo and I got to spend some quiet time by ourselves while M and J were at the appointment. What cuddle-bugs and I am trying not to turn sad thinking about not being with them so much in the next 3 months.

Stopped at Emily's house on the way home from work. She had a bunch of size 3T girl clothes that she was donating and thought I might want to take a look at. It was really nice chatting with her and seeing her three adorable children. Again, we are so lucky to be surrounded by such generous and loving friends!

Made some plans with Nicole on the drive home for Saturday afternoon and next Wednesday evening. Can't wait to see that lady! Got home, made some rice to go with the stew, helped Nikki assemble flowers she got from her french man, got the mail, did more dishes, and started some laundry. Had to go get gas after dinner tonight as I was driving home on fumes and didn't want to have to wake up early tomorrow morning to fill up before work. 

Today is the beginning of week 34 of pregnancy, but I forgot to get a belly picture before taking a shower, so I will take a picture tomorrow morning before heading to work...stay posted. 

Am starting to get that pregnant belly line that runs down the center of the belly. My starts at my sternum and runs to my belly button. Am I remembering wrong, or isn't most people's from their belly button to their pubic bone?!? Either way, it is super faint right now, but I'm sure it'll get darker. My belly button is almost popped as it has almost no depth like it used to. 

Trimmed Tony's toenails after his shower tonight-I love when he lets me cut his nails and cuticles. Super relaxing. I even made an attempt to shave my legs while taking my shower (mostly because I was embarrassed that the sunlight streaming through the window at work today noticeably pointed out the small blonde hairs on my toes and I needed to remedy that A.S.A.P.!).

Watching more friends while putting laundry away and then writing in the belly book and doing our kick chart with Ms. Peyton.

Tony and I shared a bowl of vanilla ice cream tonight. What a great way to end the day! Hope you all have a fantastic start to your weekend! Looking forward to the Lunch Bunch with the Mom's Group tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment