To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

"How Beautiful, How Buoyant, And Glad Is Morning."

~L.E. Landon

What a beautiful and glorious drive into work I am blessed with almost every single morning. Another thing I appreciate is being able to see the clean, crisp, snow-covered tops of the Sierras, again, now that the winter air is back. It just starts the day out so wonderfully and offers up so much hope for what the day will bring!

The boys and I enjoyed another morning of music makers today and came home for some naps and bath time. I'm trying not to think about the fact that Friday will be my last day of full time hours until after Peyton is born because if I think about it, I'll begin to cry as I know I will miss those boys on a daily, if not hourly basis! I've become so attached and I think I'm going to feel a little separation anxiety when I can't be with them forty hours a week! Both boys had healthy appetites today! Hooray! There, see how I changed the subject?

Pinched my left thumb in the door today...we'll see how it looks in a few days...it's super sensitive to pressure. It seems like I'm getting more and more clumsy...is this something I can pass off as a pregnancy side effect, or should I be worried there are deeper issues at the base of it? Comments?

Had leftover spaghetti from last night with Tony while we watched last night's episodes of GLEE and PARENTHOOD on hulu tonight. I also helped myself to ice cream and Tony heated up the TGIFriday's potato skins that I had bought at the super market (one of his favorite foods). Let me warn you for all who think it sounds yummy-NOT worth the money and also not as good as in the restaurant. What a disappointment. Oh well, we wouldn't have known had we not at least tried it. Plus, now I get to share my experience and warn all of you before you plunk down $4 for 5 potato skins. Lesson learned!

Will be stopping by Emily's tomorrow after work to go through some possible clothes she has to share with us (they are size 3T, but hey, free clothes are free clothes...plus, it'll be nice to chat with her!). Tonight marks the end of 33 weeks which means she may be here in SEVEN weeks...in some areas I am so ready for her to be here and in other areas I'd like her to stay a little longer because I know so many things are going to change and because I know she'll be healthier the longer she stays in the belly.

Sad about this weekend's weather being full of forecasted storms and rain and in the 60s but excited for Thanksgiving shopping, maternity pictures, dentist appointments, fixing Tony's issues with his motorcycle, dinner with friends?, lounging, yard work, etc. Should keep me pretty busy and distracted from the fact that I am in the home stretch of the pregnancy when time apparently starts to crawl by at a snail's pace...

Ready for a little R 'n R with the husband. Hmmm...what shall we put in the DVD player tonight...

Oh, and I'm officially into the "waddling stage" of pregnancy now...boy is that NOT attractive. Plus, today, while trying to pull up my maternity jeans for the thousandth time, I tore the elastic band from the actual jeans in the back-can we say embarrassing?!? Nothing says big round belly like a big hole in the jeans! I know, some of you are shaking your head and saying to yourself, "she's done things like this even BEFORE she was pregnant-why am I not surprised!?! That is SO "Lindsay!" " Well, you're right, but I still would've preferred to think that maternity clothes are impenetrable and that I would avoid "Lindsay moments" like this for at least nine months. God bless our little girl and I hope she doesn't take after me in THAT department...although, it would make for some rather humorous entertainment and bonding moments... :)

Sweet dreams to all! Hugs to those who will except it and smiles for those who need it! Everyone else, blue M&M's for you (they ARE the best, you know!?!)...

No comments:

Post a Comment