To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Friday, November 19, 2010

"Home Is The Place Where, When You Have To Go There, They Have To Take You In."

~Robert Frost

I am glad to have found my new home in a local church. After searching since I moved to California, I have finally found a church to call home-FUMC of Neenah, you set the bar high and will always be my childhood home! I still think of you all as family, but there is a new family I serve with now! So lucky! Thank you Meghan for introducing us! Streamline, you have a new place in my heart!

Today was my last full day with the boys. Boo! I already miss them. It's so strange to think about it, but I feel like I'm going to miss out on so much now that they are not "scheduled" with me. Luckily I have a quick fix-babysitting for them tomorrow night! Plus, I will see them on Tuesday for a few hours! We had a nice "lunch bunch" get together at one of the organizing Mom's Group houses today for a mock Thanksgiving. We had make your own turkey sandwich with cookies to decorate and then everyone brought food to share. J had a great time, ate stunningly, behaved amazingly, and I think M enjoyed people watching as much as I did. All the moms are so nice and they will be missed while I'm gone. I'm happy to say that I have found some great people to surround myself and can't wait to bring Peyton to a Mom's Group activity once she arrives.

K got home early from work so I was able to go home and read a little bit before small group met tonight. Tony's mom ended up coming over so I visited more than anything, plus she brought over Thanksgiving fixings for Thursday. Which reminds me, I still need to get the necessities for making the sweet potato pie that Tony likes.

So glad I went to book club tonight, as this weeks' readings have been the most home-hitting and impactful, thus far. Plus it was nice to have Pastor Dave and his wife Lori sharing tonight with us! Dropped off some food for tomorrow's "Give A Gobbler" that Meghan organized as I won't be able to deliver it myself due to a busy and packed schedule tomorrow. It has rained or sprinkled pretty much non-stop all afternoon-which makes for slow traffic. I know we need the rain, though! I'm glad we'll be fixing Tony's motorcycle tomorrow with the rainy season upon us! It makes me feel safer!

Peyton has been kicking non-stop since about 4pm. I wonder what she's trying to get my attention for, but she's got it. I really enjoyed listening to Taylor Swift's song, "You Belong With Me" on the way to small group tonight-the words really spoke to me!

Ready for bed as it is almost 11pm. Excited that tomorrow's entry will be the big 1-0-0! Yay! That means we are 100 days closer to meeting you, Monkey! Mama loves you and appreciates you finding a new comfortable position that is NOT with your feet in her ribs-today felt so much more comfortable than the last week!

Busy day tomorrow-dentist appointments, motorcycle fixing, babysitting, pics at Babies 'R Us, visit with Nicole (consulting), grocery shopping for Thanksgiving fixings, etc. Ready to have a day at home on Sunday (after church, of course).

Thank you for a blessed day and for friends and family who find a way to say just the right thing and to pop out of the woodwork when it is most meaningful! We are so loved!

(On a side note, is it my pregnant hormones acting up, or am I valid in being a little perturbed by my husband NOT answering his cell phone-what if I had been in labor, or an accident...he SHOULD pick up even if he's sleeping, right?!?)

No comments:

Post a Comment