To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Monday, November 1, 2010

"The Older I Get The More Of My Mother I See In Myself."

~Nancy Friday



Well, this week has a forecasted weather sequence of sunny, high 70s California warmth for at least the next five days. Most people are happy with this news (including my husband, who drives his motorcycle every day); I, however, wish it were a tad cooler. Oh well, I welcome 70s over 80s and 90s any day!

Kept busy at work today with giving both boys naps, baths, doing 5 loads of laundry, and doing the day-to-day business of keeping them happy and entertained. Happy boys, all around and a nice time spent listening to them "talk" (gibberish, but cute, nonetheless).

Got home from work at 4:15 and Tony had gotten off on time, too. I made some seasoned ground turkey, corn, gravy, mashed potatoes, and croissants for dinner...talk about comfort food. We of course helped ourselves to leftover Halloween candy for dessert. Wrote some snail mail correspondence and stalked people for awhile, trimmed Nikki's cuticles, watched a few episodes of Fringe, and was able to FINALLY sell our sewing table to a lady on Craigslist. She was so happy to have found another sewing machine JUST LIKE the one she had learned to sew on and even traveled all the way down from Yuba City to pick up the item at 7pm. Happy to see the smile on her face and to have made some money (as I had originally listed it on Craigslist back in December of LAST YEAR)! The money will be spent on paying off some of our latest purchases. Yay!

Was excited to get a package in the mail from my mom this afternoon. I had always loved how she decorated for the fall and had mentioned to her how I'd love to have some "foliage" on the mantle to help get in the spirit of things. I told her my search for the right kind of find was not going very well and that if she happened to find something she liked, I would LOVE for her to pick some up for me, as I always appreciated her choice in decorating. Immediately after opening the package, I put it up (also dropping one of my decorative glass bottles that HAD been on the mantle in the process...such is my life). Anyway, I am happy with how it turned out and I just need Tony to use his man muscles to snip off the wire on the left side so that it is not hanging down so low (and empty). Thank you, Mom, for the perfect fall addition to our house! I love it!

Monkey has been keeping up with her timely homework kicks and I am excited to head to bed at a normal hour after getting a normal amount of uninterrupted sleep last night. Hope you all had a good start to your week!

Miss Peyton, thank you for staying active all day-it makes your mom so happy to know that you are moving around just as you should be. Your dad was also very happy to finally feel some definite movements from you last night. I think he may be disappointed if you don't deliver again tonight, so ...no pressure... :)

2 comments:

  1. Cut the dangle on that vine, please. It is Heinous (to use Mandy's word).

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree and i tried to do it myself, but i need my husband's big, strong hands to help...trust me...it WILL be done because you're right, it IS HEINOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete