To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Sunday, October 31, 2010

"Idleness Is Not Doing Nothing. Idelness Is Being Free To Do Anything."

~Floyd Dell

Happy Halloween! What wonderful Trick-or-Treating weather we had today! I think the neighborhood kids had a good time! What started out as a less-than-stellar morning turned out to be a very nice, relaxing day! Instead of going to church this morning as I had originally planned, I stayed in bed because my stomach (not the baby portion) was just feeling a little under the weather and I seemed to be consumed with fits of coughing and a general sense of "blah." I napped until noon while listening to episodes of FRINGE in the background while Tony played games and worked on his online homework. We even had Cinnabon cinnamon rolls for breakfast...yummy goodness!



After organizing some hand me down clothes that got passed to Peyton, emailing, doing a bunch of dishes, re-submitting stuff on Craigslist to try and sell, allowing FOUR political calls to roll to voice mail, figuring out who I was officially going to vote for on Tuesday, organizing our file cabinet for expired items, it was time to eat dinner and get ready for the onslaught of candy handing out and costumes in all sizes. I dressed up as a witch, borrowing a wig, gloves, and makeup from my mother in law and using a bridesmaids dress (the only "maternity" costume I could come up with). There were a few really adorable trick-or-treaters: among them being a 1 year old little red riding hood, a 2 year old witch with the best manners in the world, a little 1.5 year old Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz (who's hair was too short to do pigtails, so they ended up looking more like spikes), and a family who had their 5 year old daughter dressed as a scarecrow, complete with scary pitchfork and the mom, dad, and younger 2 year old sister were all dressed up as crows. I was a little sad that more kids didn't turn out. We probably had a total of about 40 kids come, such a change from what I remember when we were kids. I guess I can be safe to buy a normal size bag of candy for next year (instead of from Costco like this year) OR plan on handing out double or triple what I handed out this year.

Tony made homemade pomegranate juice tonight-yum! We did dishes together tonight and I feel so much better after my shower and shaving my legs (no easy feat when your belly hides your bottom half). Now we are watching Prince Of Persia that we borrowed from Tony's mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment