To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Thursday, November 11, 2010

"Limitless Like The Ocean Are Your Excellent Qualities."

~Dalai Lama

Well, I woke up this morning at 1am and waited in bed until 2pm before getting up, going to the bathroom, and seeking entertainment on the computer via facebook stalking, emailing, news reading, instant messaging with my dad, and hulu show watching. I took a short power nap for twenty minutes at 7am and then was up again doing dishes, running FOUR loads of laundry through the washer and dryer and picking up around the house. Tony called in sick because, due to my lack of sleep, he didn't sleep so well either. We ran to pick up a new garden hose this morning and took a short car ride around the neighborhood and a neighborhood closer to Lowes by Beazer that we had almost purchased a house in.

When we got back we hooked up the hose and two new spray nozzles, I picked the last of the bell peppers and jalapeƱos from the garden, and got ready to have a day with Meghan and Nicole. We met up at Arden Mall, did some window shopping and general "girl" type bonding, and then had a lunch pit stop at Fresh Choice. Afterwards, we hit a few more stores, where I found some nursing bras that were on sale for such a great price that I picked up two and then Nicole and I left (we had driven together). We stopped at Kohl's where I found a nice turquoise top and brown knit short sleeved sweater and then headed to my prenatal appointment. Today was the beginning of week 33 and I had gained 7 more pounds since last month's appointment-right on track, and my belly is measuring where it should (apparently the length from your pubic bone to sternum should be relatively the same size in inches as how many weeks you are into your pregnancy). My blood pressure was 120/60 (healthy) and Peyton's heartbeat was 144 bpm (exactly what it should be). It was nice having Nicole there and she even helped me ask appropriate questions when our doctor (we have the same lady) was talking to me about postpartum birth control options. It looks like I might be electing to get a Mirena implanted. I have a little more research to do, but it actually seems quite perfect.

Side note, tonight's weekly measurements yielded the following..."lost" an inch in circumference (yeah, I'm doubting the validity of the tape measure, too), and as you can see from tonight's picture at the left, I have FINALLY accepted the fact that it is fall and have transitioned into season-appropriate clothes. This sweater is new from Kohl's today-I love it! So comfy AND it's short sleeves allow me to be wearing what I should while not roasting in my pregnant form. I DID still have flip flops on today, but I'm making progress.

Afterwards, we headed to Safeway, Party City, BelAir, and Costco buying items she needed for Saturday's baby shower for Peyton. Can't wait-she has so many fun things planned. It was AWESOME catching up with her, spending quality time being ladies, and getting stuff ready for the shower. Afterwards she dropped me off at home and came in to check out the nursery. I miss Nicole and am so glad I could spend my day off with her, even if it meant I got almost nothing done in the way of cleaning the house for Saturday's shower. I guess I know what I will be doing tomorrow and Saturday morning. You'd have thought that with as many hours as I've been awake today, I'd have gotten more things done on my to do list.

When I got home, I made some leftover tacos for dinner while Tony made some fresh-squeezed pomegranate juice. I put away the four loads of laundry that Tony nicely ran through while I was gone today, wrote in my belly book, and emptied the dishwasher. Took out my contacts again, as my eyes are beyond dry and feel like I've peed about two dozen times since I got home at 5pm.

Can't wait for Saturday's shower-am super excited! Nicole is such an amazing friend and I am so blessed to have her take care of me/us like she does. She's so caring and sincere and entertaining to be around and has the biggest heart. I love her opinion and her company and feel lucky to call her friend.

Now it's shower time and then bedtime. Yay for sleeping in clean sheets.

And one more comment about the silver lining of an ever expanding and eclipsing pregnant belly: by comparison, my cheaky-buns or rear end seems to be getting smaller (I know it's not, but when compared to the bump on the front, your eyes play tricks on you and I feel like my butt is smaller than ever before-my pants remind me it's just an illusion, but I'll take what I can get.).

Good night and you are so lucky to have your "Aunt" Nicole as part of your family, Ms. Peyton! I can't wait to introduce you! You'll get along so well! xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment