To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Friday, November 12, 2010

"The Only Thing You Can Control Is Your Own Effort."

~Theodora van den Beld

Strange dream about having a birthday party when a bit younger hosted by my mom (who apparently ran a resort on the lake out of her log house) and her and I got into a fight because my friends left the party due to the fact that I was not paying attention to them and working on my homework instead (as my mom had told me to do). In the dream, she yelled at me for acting in a way that made my friends leave and I started crying because she had told me I HAD to work on my homework and I was confused because I couldn't entertain my friends at my birthday AND do homework at the same time...

...cut to my alarm buzzing...
...cut to INSTANT and EXCRUCIATING charlie horse in my left leg.

Because of my alarm waking me up from an emotional dream (or at least in the dream it seemed emotional enough to make me cry) and the painful cramp in my leg that I couldn't massage out because I couldn't reach my leg due to my ever expanding belly ... I started to cry in real life from being woke up, from a bad dream, and from pain that I couldn't fix. Poor Tony was startled awake by an alarm that I was ignoring and his pregnant wife writhing around the bed saying "OW" and crying between desperate sobs. Gotta give the guy credit, he asked what he could do to help and jumped up to assist, but I was so inconsolable and weepy that I couldn't describe what I needed from him nor was anything he could do going to make my cramp go away.

Again, another early morning. Tony sat with me until my leg got better and then made me some of his famous oatmeal to help calm me down while I visited the bathroom for the third time tonight/this morning. On my way into work, I vowed to myself that it was just a bad morning and that I wasn't going to let it affect my day, even though I would've appreciated a little bit more sleep due to my lack of sleep yesterday.

Woke up to receive an email from my protein/urine lab test from yesterday. Now, just waiting to hear what the doctor says about the results. Feeling a little swollen in my feet all day today, but that's about it for new prenatal side effects.

When I got to work, the boys and I had a relatively "normal" morning and J was rewarded with lunch from Mickey D's. He was such an amazing eater that I had to make a special note to tell K and M about it when they got home from work today AND I gave him his "good eater" stamp all the way up his arm. Well done, J! Made some spaghetti bake for the family for their dinner, did a few loads of laundry, vacuumed, swiffered, did a bunch of dishes, and entertained two adorable men until we had to meet K at the doctor's office this afternoon. M was having another appointment because of the suspected nystagmus with his eyes and some suspicious head bobbing he had yesterday. Please pray that there is something we can do for him to help correct these issues!

Got home from dropping M off at the doctor with K when Tony called to tell me he missed me. Or at least, that is what I thought he said. Turns out he didn't miss me, he had an issue. He had the day off today and had taken himself to a movie in Folsom where upon the story of the night starts. In parking his motorcycle he apparently spun his front tire in a way that kicked up a large rock into the underside of his bike, thus killing the engine and doing something for it to prevent being able to restart. It also knocked Tony off balance and his bike hit the ground. Luckily it was not a traffic accident, no cosmetic damage was done, no one else was involved, and despite the strange circumstances, we were hoping it'd been a coincidence that the bike wasn't working  and that it would be a "quick fix." I finished work while a tow truck company-specifically for motorcycles (which we used last October when Tony had his accident on the highway)-towed Tony to the ONLY repair/service motorcycle place open this late on a Friday. On my way to pick him up from the repair place on the northeast side of Sacramento in an area known as Auburn, I grabbed some cash to pay the tow guy. Timing wise with rush hour traffic and getting off work and having to wait for the tow truck, Tony had only had to wait for me for about 20 minutes, so that is not bad.

On the way home, we got a call from the repair shop saying that the bike was back in working order. Turns out that the rock had disconnected Tony's shift line (don't ask, because that's about as much knowledge as I can repeat about anything motorcycle-related) that had most likely already been loosened by last year's accident and the rock had just hit the right spot in order to cause it to disconnect and be unable to start. He charged us the diagnostic fee and Tony rode his bike home. Yay for the way things turned out! Things could've been much worse, Tony was fine, the bike was fine, the overall cost could've been much higher, AND the bike was already back in working order. I said a little prayer on the way home because, all things considered, tonight went very well-better than expected.

Unfortunately I missed my book group due to the unexpected motorcycle issue. I was really looking forward to it and seeing everyone and discussing what I had read. But, alas, it was not meant to be. I feel like everything will even out and I still am able to get something from the readings.

On the way home I had to stop and fill up my car with gas, as I was running on fumes for driving further than I had anticipated today. While pumping, I was staring at Arby's next door (a place I have avoided out of principle because I don't like roast beef) and the fact that it was 7:30pm, dark, and perhaps because I was pregnant, I thought I had never seen anything look more delicious or appealing. I picked up a late dinner for Tony and I and was on my way home.

When we got home, we quickly ate our dinner and got to cleaning for tomorrow's baby shower. Tony vacuumed the entire house (including the furniture), scrubbed all the floors, took out all the garbages, brought in the garbage bins from today's pickup, put away his games from the shelf in the dining room that I had been bugging him about for awhile, dusted a few things, and helped put things away around the house. While he did all of that, I dusted the rest of the house, wiped down windows and spider webs (tomorrow it is supposed to be sunny and in the low 70s so I plan on opening up the house), washed and put away a load of dishes, wiped down the entire kitchen from top to bottom, and picked up while running some laundry. The only thing I ran out of time to do is to clean our bathroom, which I plan on doing tomorrow morning before Nicole comes to set up. I am so lucky that we got back in enough time to clean tonight, that Tony helped, and that I have time to finish up tomorrow. I am also lucky that we have this shower tomorrow at our house, or I would've most likely postponed cleaning the house for another couple months. As organized as I am, I don't clean as long as everything APPEARS clean. These social gatherings force me to be honest about the cleanliness and realistic appearance of the state of our house. It feels so good to walk around a clean house, to smell the cleaning products, and to know that Tony and I worked together to make it happen!

I just got done taking a shower and Tony has long since "signed off" for the night after completing his online quiz for his class. I am definitely ready to hit the hay and Miss Peyton has stopped hiccuping and moving for the time being, so I feel like she's already gone to bed for the night. Hopefully I can have a night of normal sleep (do I remember what that is, even?) and wake up energized for tomorrow's shower! So excited to see everyone, to show them our house, and especially Peyton's nursery. So glad that things turned out better than I expected with regards to the motorcycle and am so fortunate to have family and friends checking in on how tonight panned out! Love you all!

Peyton, remember that is is more important HOW you react to things than the things themselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment