To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Monday, November 22, 2010

"If You Wait To Do Everything Until You’re Sure It’s Right, You’ll Probably Never Do Much Of Anything."

~Win Borden

Surprisingly stayed busy on my day off. Woke up, enjoyed the morning routine with Tony, as usual. While I was up I put the Turkey in the sink filled with water to thaw it out for Thursday and started boiling the sweet potatoes to make a pie for Wednesday and Thursday. I had so much stuff that I made that I also ended up making little mini pies for everyone at small group tonight, too. Dropped Tony off at work (as his motorcycle is STILL not fixed and is sitting at the shop waiting for the parts to come in). After I dropped him off, I walked around Target, stopped off at the bank, did some reading for small group while at Barnes & Noble, went to sell some old jewelry and then came home around lunch time. Heated up some leftover macarroni and cheese for lunch and had some yummy jalapeno/artichoke dip with some chips. Emailed a bunch of people, caught up on stalking, ordered my stepdad's birthday present, picked up around the house, made worksheets for Sunday school that I'm teaching this Sunday, and picked up Tony from work. After I dropped him back off at home I went to small group with Meghan, Karolina, and Xavier. It was sad to not have a full group, but also enjoyed talking more in depth about other things. Everyone in small group is so sweet and I enjoy their company. They always seem to lift me up about the things I seem to be struggling with. The only thing I don't like is driving home at night because it seems to give me a headache with the darkness and the bright headlights for the thirty minute ride home. Now it's time to clean our jewelry (we do it every so often), give Tony a haircut, take showers, and head to bed. I had to resist the urge to take a nap today...I'm trying NOT to get into that habit before Peyton arrives. I know I'll easily nap with her! But, in the mean time, I have a lot I need to get ready before she arrives and so I need to use my time wisely.

On a side note, my dream last night happened to be in the hospital after giving birth and I was asking the doctor to give "her" to me (Peyton) and he informed me "she" is actually a "he". Tony smiled and celebrated the strange turn of events and I was a little disappointed that even though we had originally thought it was a boy, that meant that I had to switch all of my "girl" stuff to "boy" stuff...again. I guess I know I truly am happy you're a girl, little one...just in case there was any doubt. :)

Love to everyone and thanks to those who remind me to keep my heart open, for it is not about my pleasure but about learning to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment