To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Sunday, November 21, 2010

BLOG NUMBER ONE HUNDRED!!!

What a loving and amazing Dad you have, Peyton!!!
As a special treat to myself and for a celebration of the little girl who is already changing our world, Tony and I got professional maternity shots this afternoon and because you are reading my blog, you are getting the FIRST sneak peek at our little treasured memories. I have included four of our pictures here plus one additional one on Facebook.We will be using some other poses in our Christmas mailings, so this is just a little preview...sorry but I like to keep SOME secrets...

We are ONE HUNDRED days closer to meeting our little baby girl! We absolutely can't wait! What a special way to commemorate our hundredth blog, than by getting special pictures taken, today!?!

It was a busy and filling day, from start to finish, that is for sure! Woke up this morning, having only had to get up once last night to use the bathroom-YAY for tiny miracles! Tony put together the new baby bouncer we got from the Krebs-Oppenheimer family, we played around to try and get our baby monitors set up, I had chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast.

Oh, I JUST remembered my dream from last night...Tony and I were shopping at Kohl's (nothing we have ever done together more than once or twice, just FYI) and Tony kept oohing and ahhing at different waffle makers. We ended up buying SIX waffle makers and when we got home (in my dream) I asked him if he wanted waffles for breakfast and he shrugged his shoulders and said, "...meh, that's okay, I'm not really a "waffle" kinda man..." Now what kind of a dream is THAT?!? Oddly enough, I asked him if he wanted a waffle for breakfast this morning (before sharing my dream with him) and he replied, "Nah, I'm okay..." That seems similar to his response in my dream, no?!?

After going through the stack of clothes that Ms. Emily had given us on Thursday, we put a few things away from last weekend's baby shower. Before we knew it, it was time to drive to our morning dentist appointments.

I am happy to report that FOR POSSIBLY THE FIRST TIME, we both had glowing reports from the dentist today! Hip Hip HOORAY! No cavities for either of us (I've been working pretty hard on this one as I tend to get a cavity about once every other year and supposedly you're more prone to cavities when pregnant) and Tony's check up went off without a hitch, as well. I did need to get some x-rays and was already over this year's insurance coverage, so there is a co-pay we had to come up with, but nothing when compared to how much we HAVE been shelling out at our last few appointments. We walked out of the dentist with big smiles on our faces.

After our dentist appointment, we quickly stopped off at the Babies 'R Us in Elk Grove to see if we could pick up a few items we didn't get from our registry (I was trying to manipulate the coupon system)...failure...that particular store doesn't carry OUR line of baby gear that we have all over Peyton's nursery.

We drove home and quickly had Tony swap into his motorcycle gear so that we could drop off his bike to be repaired today. He was going to have new sprockets, a new chain, AND a new set of brake pads put on his bike, but the parts that were supposed to be in by Tuesday haven't come yet. We still decided to drop off the bike hoping that possibly the parts would have been delivered this afternoon by UPS. No such luck, but they will most likely be there on Monday, so we left his bike at the shop.

Rushed home to quick hop in the shower before Nicole came over to help get me ready for our maternity photo shoot. As we all know, I cannot be trusted to wear flattering, cute, and appropriate clothing on my own. NOR do I know how to style my hair in anything other than stick straight or in a ponytail (my preferred method of "style") or how to apply makeup (does chapstick count?). Thus, comes Nicole! My trusted go-to girl for opinion, style, and general supervisory roles when I am supposed to look presentable. (If I am only supposed to appear dressed, I know how to accomplish that, but BEYOND that expectation, I need help!) She came over and helped me pick out a coordinating wardrobe for Tony and I, did my hair and makeup, and even lent me some of her cute jewelry to help me play the part of a put-together mom-to-be. Thank you Nicole for working your wonders, again! Every time I see these photos I will be reminded how my great friend helped me get ready and make such memorable and treasured photos...by the way, do you think you could bring your makeup to the hospital and work some magic on a lady who's been in labor and now has to look semi-decent holding a new, precious little girl? ...You truly are a godsend and really helped me today! I appreciate your time and thoughtfulness (and attention to detail!)!

At Babies 'R Us we had made an appointment, though I honestly don't know what the point of that was, as they accept walk-ins and we didn't even get started with our session until 45 minutes AFTER when we were supposed to start. Either way, we got a bunch of poses and about half-way through I could tell Tony had had enough of the loudness (children in the store AND studio), of the smiling/posing, and of being watched by other people waiting to get their pictures taken. I'm just thankful we weren't trying to entertain a baby while having our photos done, because that would've added more time to get us all posing correctly, added frustration in trying to keep her entertained and happy during the LONG shoot/pose changes, and inevitably she would've been hungry or had a full diaper sometime during the 2 hour ordeal. After we got all of our pictures taken, we sat with the photographer cropping the pictures and putting them into different package options. We found some shots we really loved and are so glad that we did this! This is definitely a memory-in-the-making and a time we will always remember! We will never be NEW PARENTS ever again. As always, I had a coupon for 40% off of our photos and for a free sitting, so we are happy with how much we paid and with how much we got for it all. Plus, we got all of the proofs with the copyright, so that is how we were able to upload our photos onto the blog today. I am looking forward to Christmas letter time so we can upload ALL of our photos online. In the meantime, these pictures still make me smile!

I was starving and hadn't eaten anything since when I woke up this morning and had the pancakes (at 5am) and it was 5:30pm now, SO...we drove through the McDonald's drive through and picked up some dinner on the way home. Peyton had been kicking all day-perhaps to prompt me to eat because she was hungry but I really wasn't hungry at lunch time other than to consider eating something because it was "lunch time." I passed up lunch not only because I wasn't actually hungry, but because I had also gotten a fluoride treatment at the dentist and wasn't allowed to eat anything until 1pm and it was time to get ready for pictures, by then. NOTHING makes a pregnant girl more happy than a big chocolate shake, some french fries, and a chicken sandwich after a long and busy day!

Stopped at home for about an hour to upload pictures, change clothes, put things away, and return a few phone calls before heading out to babysit for the nanny boys. It was so nice to see them and it was nice to get to put them to bed-it meant I got to see them today instead of getting there AFTER they were already asleep and NOT getting to see them until Tuesday. It rained pretty hard on the way to babysitting, despite the fact that the weather forecasted it was supposed to storm ALL DAY (not really a big loss, I must admit) and you would swear that this was the first time people drove in the rain. Traffic was moving along at a snail's pace and instead of being my normal "early" self, I arrived to babysit right at 7:30pm. M and K went out on a date and I got to cuddle a little while with my little men. Boy are they so cute! I can only imagine how big they are going to be when I come back full time in March...it's scary to think how fast they will grow and how much I will miss in these upcoming weeks/months!

Left babysitting at 10:30pm and was excited to get to drive home in dry skies! Tony, of course, was already fast asleep by the time I got home and now it is officially Sunday morning and I need to head to bed! Good night! Tomorrow will be another day of running around, getting things done, and I also am helping set up church early tomorrow morning (and then of course GOING to church).

Had an amazing day and so blessed to have our little girl on the way, a husband and soon-dad-to-be who spoils me and let's me put him in a bunch of "cutesy" poses because he knows it'll make me happy, and friends and family who are constantly showing us love and support. I cannot begin to grasp how lucky and blessed we truly are! Thank you everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment