To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Saturday, October 23, 2010

"You’ve Got To Get Up Every Morning With Determination If You’re Going To Go To Bed With Satisfaction."

~George Lorimer

Well, I keep trying to load the video of the ultrasound we had today. It has been loading for over TWO hours, so I'm to the point now where I need to go to bed. So I figured I'd type this up and see what happens. Perhaps I just don't have the ability to load such a big video file onto this blog. If it DOES work, you will notice a smile right around minute 25 and you will notice her big yawn right around minute 29. We couldn't get her to move so although I know I will never get enough of her, I imagine you'll want to skip through most of the video, and that's okay! No offense taken.

Let me start like usual and go chronologically through our day. Got up, as promised, very early at 5am. Tony made some really good breakfast oatmeal this morning (forgetting I was planning on making cinnamon rolls) and then had to leave for work, shortly after. I got busy opening all the windows/blinds. Even though it was dark and rainy all day, I really enjoy feeling that we're not holed up here in the house. I ran a load of dirty dish towels through the laundry, organized the front hallway, took out garbage and recycling, did quite a bit of online stalking and emailing, organized the garage so I can start parking in there with Tony's motorcycle, got mail, did dishes, cleaned the house, and uploaded a bunch of items to sell on craigslist. We are trying to sell a bunch of men's jackets (5), our sewing machine/built-in table, some art work, and my rollerblades. So far we've hooked no fish, but I have faith that ONE of the NINE things will be bought (okay, I guess HOPE would be more accurate). I tried to keep my mind busy because it was rainy outside and I was trying to resist getting in the habit of napping during rainy days and I didn't want to get ready too early for the ultrasound at 4pm.

Nikki and I met Mikee and Tony at the ultrasound place in Folsom today. Just like the last time we had an ultrasound, Peyton was super content to lay there like a bump on a log and rest. Although it would've been so cool to see her moving and probably would've helped to get better poses/pictures, I'm glad she's peaceful and getting rest so she can continue to grow big and strong. What we did see was MORE human-like than last time AND she was so cute. The technician pointed out her hair (hard to see on the pictures), her big nose, cute shaped lips like her dad, chubby cheeks like me, cute little ears (not quite sure whose traits those are), big head (sorry girl, I was praying you escaped the curse), and even got to see some hiccups, smile, yawn, and listen to her heartbeat. We were there for an hour and she slept the whole time, even though I was moving and the technician was probing, massaging, nudging, poking, jiggling, and pushing on the belly to wake her up. Seems to be the only effect of all of that was to make me have to go to the bathroom even MORE than when the appointment started. We did see more pictures that confirms her gender as girl, just in case any of you were still holding out. I didn't include any of those pictures for modesty's sake.

On our way home we made a bathroom stop AND got some Panda Express in the pouring rain. I always feel bad for Tony when he drives his motorcycle in the rain. We all ate dinner together at the house, and then I got to updating information in the belly book, Peyton's baby book, facebook, and uploading all of the pictures and videos. Took a shower and watched many episodes of FRIENDS in the meantime, and it still says it is uploading the video. I may just have to give up hope of including the video. When I check back tomorrow, if it hasn't uploaded the video, I will add some of the pictures instead. In the meantime, for those of you who are on Facebook, the pictures ARE up there!

I am totally and completely wiped as it is WAY past our bedtime. I have taken out my contacts to give my dry eyes a break and need to quick flush the draino down the bathtub. Tony was a sweetheart and cleaned the toilet for me-one of my least favorite jobs. Glad we got to see our little girl today. We did learn that she is curled up and her spine is lying on the left side of my belly which explains why I always feel her feet in my ribs.  Luckily we've already done our kick chart homework tonight (again under 10 minutes), so I can just snuggle with the sleeping hubby. Hope you all had a fantastic Saturday and were able to share your day with loved ones! I am so happy we decided to elect to have this ultrasound, as seeing her face makes it so real and makes me so much more in love with her than I thought I already was. Good night, sweet pea! *Muah*

No comments:

Post a Comment