To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Friday, October 22, 2010

"Time You Enjoy Wasting, Was Not Wasted."

~John Lennon

Another "chill" day, in King-land. High of 66 and it even sprinkled this morning and this evening. Oh, the blessed sound of droplets hitting the bedroom window. It just cools everything off and puts all of your stresses off until another day (not that I had any stresses, but rest assured, they'd be postponed on a day like this!). The only disadvantage to a day like today is that it puts you (or me, at least) in a constant state of nappiness. I'm not sure if that is a real word, actually, I'm pretty sure it is NOT. However, that is how I felt. Like I was yawning and ready to crawl in bed and cuddle all day long. That is NOT what I did, but it is what I was yearning for all day. In any event, work went as well as could be expected. Although the boys and I shared a cozy day at their house and they abstained from vomiting, they were both cuddle bugs and still had diarrhea. As it turns out, K woke up with a suspected "pink eye" infection and was able to score a lunch time doctor's appointment. She left school early and although she didn't get the answers she was hoping for from her doctor's appointment (she even had forehead, cheek, and neck swelling by noon time), she did come home with some antibiotics. That means I got to come home at a little after 1pm. Sorry that the family is sick and I hope they are able to get healthy and salvage some part of their weekend!

When I got home, Tony and I went to Target to return an extra crib music maker we had received for some other necessities (Tony had the day off). Tony made some delicious meatloaf from our ground turkey for dinner tonight and I was able to stalk on the computer, pull scrapbooking stuff together, organize a few things, and relax before heading to a scrapbooking crop at a neighbor's house this evening. While there I visited with her and her friend and got some work done trying to make homemade thank you cards for Monkey's upcoming baby shower. They are cute, if I do say so myself, but are time consuming because of the tiny pieces I decided to create for myself.

Got a call on the way home from my aunt and Mom who are in Minneapolis and they sounded like they were out enjoying their evening (perhaps a little too much for a W.O.F. conference, if you want my opinion) and were giving me a hard time about not writing this evening's blog yet. Either way, I hope they are enjoying themselves! I think I appeased my mom and won back some lost brownie points by telling her I was scrapbooking, as she usually gives me a hard time about being so far behind in that department also.

Can't wait for tomorrow's ultrasound, little peanut! I hope you're a little more active than the last time we got the ultrasound, because I would love to see you moving! Now it is time to snuggle with my favorite (and only if I must say it) husband and head to bed because I know my morning wake up (bathroom) call will come at the same time regardless how late I stay up. So, with that said, I love you, Monkey! Hope you have a good "hair day" tomorrow, as it will be your first set of pictures where you will appear to look more human-like and less alien-like! I will post pictures on tomorrow's blog if we get to take them home with us from the appointment (instead of waiting a few weeks)! I'm already falling asleep, so I know it's time to end this thing!

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment