To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Monday, October 11, 2010

"True Love Begins When Nothing Is Looked For In Return."

~Antoine De Saint-Exupery

Mikee's kitchen...all the cabinets are "Lindsay-Level Organized"

I love her new rugs to go in her living room!

Her dining room could definitely use some personal touches, but at least it's nice and spacious!

...A walk-in closet...NICE...this will be Mikee's next project to work on...

A really big bathroom...and trying to calm Mushu down from the stressful move.

Looking out the bedroom to the patio/street.

Mikee's empty bedroom with vacuumed/shampooed carpeting at 2pm.

Nursery room off to a nice start at night!

Monkey crib and bookshelf (also the location of the tree mural/wall decal I registered for).

It looks a little plain now, but this would be the location of the changing table/pack'n play if we get one.

Dresser stocked well with clothes, diapers, and decorated with two buckets of monkeys.

The "older" side of the closet (6-12 months).

The "younger" side of the closet (newborn to 6 months). Most clothes are in the dresser, but the items hanging in the closet are the "outfits" that I want to keep together or Peyton's "fancy" clothes.
Moving started officially at 8am and luckily Trevor (Nikki's friend) came to help load the big furniture items onto the rental truck. We were able to get everything loaded and over to Mikee's apartment by 9am. We took everything out, unwrapped new items, assembled new furniture, organized, plugged things in, cleaned, calmed down the traumatized pets (Mushu and Sugar) and visited. I think we got Mikee off to a great start!

We treated out to a nice lunch at Islands Restaurant for lunch as a thank you for helping move and to commemorate Mikee's "last meal" with us. It was so delicious, especially after all of the work we did this morning!

When we got home, my loving, amazing husband took it upon himself to vacuum the front room (to be later turned into a playroom) because it no longer is holding Mikee's couch, cage, and plants/plant stand. He vacuumed all of the hallways, too. While he did that, I re-mopped the kitchen floor as I had accidently dropped Mikee's pomegranate juice on leaving and even though I mopped it before we left this morning, it was still all sticky.

Then, my sweet, adorable husband vacuumed the NURSERY and shampooed the carpets-WITHOUT being asked or nagged. What a sweetheart! He knew I was itching to get my hands on the room and did it just because he knew it would make me happy! Gosh, I love your dad, Peyton! 

Before starting in on the nursery, Nikki and I watched a FRIENDS episode (Season 5, episode 16) where Ross instructed Chandler and Rachel to "PI-VoT" the big couch up the stairs. It reminded us of watching Tony and Trevor trying to move Mikee's oddly wide couch into her apartment this afternoon and we were full of giggles while remembering fun moving times and laughing along with a great show.

You can see the evidence above from what the empty room started out like this afternoon and what it looked like when I called it a night, tonight. I got a lot accomplished. And, happy to report, Tony took it upon himself to put the bookshelf together for me, move the crib in, and help hang a few things on the wall. I feel so much better with the nursery started! 

I am going to hold off putting things in the "play room" because I don't want everything to get cat hair all over it quite yet. I also want to work on the garage at some point, now that a lot of the baby gear is moved out, so that I can eventually start parking IN the garage. Tony will have to help me with this project (which he said he'd help me with whenever I let him know that I want to work on it) because of all of the heavier items being located out there.

Right now, Tony is over at his friend Josh's picking up a new Droid phone. Yes, I know it is late, but it is actually Josh's girlfriend's phone and she is just about to get off of work. While I was working on nursery stuff tonight, Josh and Tony went over to Mikee's to help fix her TV issues and then went to go see a movie. While the boys were hanging out and I was at home working in the new nursery, Darcie stopped over to drop off some of Ella's old clothes and some of her old maternity clothes-FOUR BOXES WORTH. Thanks, Darc! What a special treat! I found some really cute stuff in her boxes, but will be sharing the items with another pregnant friend, Meghan, who is ALSO expecting a baby girl around the turn of the new year. Her and I will go through the items on Sunday when I see her at church. There are some really amazingly cute things in there-I cheated and already peeked. 

Now that Mikee has moved out, we are having the cable turned off tomorrow morning and so I have to turn the U-verse boxes back into AT&T by shipping them at UPS tomorrow after work. 

It's been a long day and I am definitely ready for bed. I didn't sleep well last night but luckily was able to sleep all the way until 4am before becoming wide awake. I am hoping that because I stayed up so late tonight, I will have a better chance of sleeping through the night tonight. 

Hopefully I was able to make up for yesterday's lack of pictures with the plethora of pictures I took today. The only room I did NOT take pictures of in Mikee's new apartment was her bedroom because it was being worked in to put together some of her new furniture and was full of people-there just wasn't a good photo-op today. I will get back over there at some point in the near future and will rectify this oversight. Other than that, I am off to bed, as I am purely exhausted and running on empty. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

Peyton, I noticed you were very attentive during when I was working on your bedroom...you kept elbowing me on the left side and pushing against my ribs on the right side (even while I type this). Love you, baby girl! Your dad and I hope you like your new room! We had fun working on it and will continue to make it the best room you've ever had ;)...

1 comment:

  1. Peyton's room is SO perfect! I love it, love it, love it! You did such a good job and worked so hard. You must be so excited for Peyton to arrive :)

    ReplyDelete