To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Monday, October 11, 2010

"Marriage Is Not A Noun; It’s A Verb. It Isn’t Something You Get. It’s Something You Do. It’s The Way You Love Your Partner Every Day."

~Barbara De Angelis

Wow was I exhausted this morning! I went to bed at about 1am and then woke up when Tony got home around 2am. Then the lovely call of the bladder woke me up on time at 5am. Yippity skippity. I know you guys reading this can all do mental math, so I'm not going to visually point out how much sleep I was able to catch last night. Let's just say that this morning I was dragging and leave it at that, shall we?

Luckily I was fortunate enough to spend my day with some really cute young men who always make me smile ear to ear. Both boys were extremely well behaved and happy all day, which made today one thousand times better than it could have been! Gosh, I never realized how much I miss their presence on the weekends until I'm reunited with them on Mondays...they really are amazing and so lovable!

We're back to some pretty warm weather here...in the high eighties. I really do not enjoy sweating ALL THE TIME but I know it's the pregnancy and people aren't judging. But I am. Tony, bless his heart, went to work on less hours of sleep than me (plus he was doing manual labor all day yesterday between moving his mom and helping me set up nursery room furniture) and was a little tired at work. This is what most likely caused him to drop his staple gun on his face while he was working above his head and it shot a staple into his lip. REST ASSURED, he is okay, just has a bloody lip (that has been taken care of, trust me). I feel so bad for the guy, you know? Luckily, my man is a big believer of the "get over it" strategy to life and it didn't even phase him. He DID text me to let me know when it happened and I (of course) CALLED him to check if he was okay.

When I got done with work I had to drop off our U-verse TV boxes at UPS to make sure we didn't get charged any extra fees. That was an event and a half and I am too tired to get into it, but at least in the end we were able to get it sent back to AT&T. I quickly stopped off at Target to grab some milk before heading home. Tony and I made breaded chicken for dinner (he turned his into a pasta meal and I cut mine up and added it to a salad). We shared fresh pomegranates for dessert and just took a shower.

Both of us need to head to bed now to try and catch up on last night's lost sleep! Monkey is-a-movin' and she'll hopefully let Mom and Dad rest so that we're more alert and happy in the morning.

On side news, for those of you interested, I am not the ONLY pregnant person with sleep issues...which makes me feel better (although I'm sorry to wish it on anyone), my mom started a blog to use in her classroom, and a dear friend quoted one of my blog titles/quotes in her facebook status today. I am truly lucky to have such amazing individuals to surround me and keep me down to earth! Thank you to everyone who leaves me little notes of solidarity, love, and advice...I really do enjoy it all! And to you, precious little pumpkin, I'm thinking of you more and more every day, if that is possible. I have so many things I want to ask you...what does your hair look like (if you have any), what are your favorite sounds to listen to, what do you want to be when you grow up, what don't you like that I do, is there any way I can make you more comfortable...and the list goes on and on. I can't wait to share these and so many others with you, baby girl! Lot's of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment