To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Friday, October 8, 2010

"This Is My Wish For You: Peace Of Mind, Prosperity Throughout The Year, Happiness That Multiplies, Health For You And Yours, Fun Around Every Corner, Energy To Chase Your Dreams, And Joy To Fill Your Days."

~D. M. Dellinger

Although I didn't sleep in, it was nice feeling I could have had I been able to. I was wide awake at 5am. I pittered around the house doing some odds and ends things, dishes, rearranging, organizing, cleaning, brought in the garbages, made a few phone calls, caught up on news and internet stuff and then got to work on my project that K was having me do today in lieu of nannying at their house. The project was to make "megastars" shirts for all of her first graders for them to wear for their upcoming jogathon. The whole thing took a LOT longer than I had imagined it would! I thought that I'd work on the shirts in the morning and have the afternoon "off." Such was NOT the case. I started working on the shirts at 8am and because of how the stencils and paints and space available worked out, I didn't finish until 5:45pm. Everything took so long to dry and because of the way things were spaced and the way the stencils were made, I couldn't work on the "next" thing until the step before it was dry. I used up all of our kitchen counter space, all of our end tables and kitchen table to work on the shirts.

...from when I was just starting the project...
When Mikee and Tony got home from work today, Mikee loaded up all three cars with stuff with Tony's help and then Ant, Mikee and I each drove a load over to her new apartment. We took measurements, ran through the move-in checklist, and made a shopping list of things we need to get tomorrow. I will bring my camera and take a few pictures of the move this weekend and her new apartment. By the time the cars were loaded up, we drove over during commuter traffic, unloaded the cars, unpacked a few things, measured, inventoried the apartment, and drove home, it was already 8pm. We had a late dinner of leftovers and talked about plans for tomorrow. It was a rather un-eventful day, but we all stayed busy, nonetheless. Ready for a day full of getting Mikee settled into her new apartment tomorrow (even though I won't be lifting things because of the pregnancy and back related issues, I will make myself useful with organizing, unpacking, running errands, etc.) so it should be bedtime. 

Excited for the changes just around the corner and for a new bedroom for Miss Monkey! xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment