To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Thursday, October 28, 2010

"Strength Is The Capacity To Break A Chocolate Bar Into Four Pieces With You Bare Hands-And Then Eat Just One Of The Pieces."

~Judith Viorst

...Or...in my case...resist the urge to "sample" the Halloween candy waiting on the table for trick-or-treaters because I know that once I start, I won't be able to stop myself...

I am so lucky to have the most amazingly beautiful commute every morning. It's like it is is timed just right to get the most awe-inspiring sunrises coming over the Sierra Mountains. This morning I was blessed with a red warmth that seemed to promise a day surrounded by those you love. It was so hard to keep driving and not pull off to the side of the road and just celebrate the promise of today.

Today was a perfect temperature day...short sleeves, no sweater...and no sweating! Hooray! Ah...if I were into drinking, I would toast to more weather like this. Instead, I will just say a cute little, "yippee!"

The boys and I hung out today, both were starting to get their energy back, but unfortunately both were also a little restless in their nap times today. I fear tonight might have been a hard night on K and M as the boys didn't have their normal amount of sleep. I'm excited about taking them both in their dinosaur costumes to K's school tomorrow to watch the first grade parade and party. I may get off early and have time to do some Costco grocery shopping with Tony (he's off work tomorrow) before heading to Nicole's jewelry party.

Was surprised to get an anniversary card I had sent to my cousin and her husband back in the mail today...supposedly the street doesn't exist. After confirming the address with my cousin's husband, I am trying one more time to send them the card. We'll see.

This morning I woke up at 3:30 because I had had a dream similar to a scene from "Total Recall" where an alien mini-person comes out of a man's torso. I felt like Peyton was pushing and kicking so hard, she would burst through my abdomen while my dad and Tony looked on in shocked entertainment. It startled me so much that I laid awake in bed for another 45 minutes, willing myself to sleep but ultimately got up to go to the bathroom, knowing that it was Lindsay-0, Pregnancy-1. Darn those freakishly vivid dreams.

Either way, I was able to get laundry, 2 loads of dishes, a bunch of emailing and news reading done before my normal wake up time. I even got to Skype with Amy, which was very nice! Wish I could've chatted longer with her, but I had to sign off to head to work.

When I came home, it was time for reheating leftovers and emptying out the garbages. We pulled the bins to the street for tomorrow's pick up, put the clean laundry away, watched an older episode of Project Runway on Hulu, and now we are winding down from the day while listening to a Friends episode in the background (Monica and Chandler getting married-end of season 7/beginning season 8).

Tony's going to hook up our HDMI cables in a moment to my computer so that we can lay in bed to watch our downloaded series of Fringe. With that, I am headed to bed, as my computer work needs to be done before we can watch the episodes via my computer on the bedroom TV.

Excited to head to bed and catch up on the lost hours of sleep this morning. Monkey, thank you for always completing your homework on time-as an educator and your mom, I have to say I am proud to say that you take after your mother. Love you sweetie and thank you for keeping your kicks contained to the inside of the womb unlike my scary dream. I do enjoy your movements! I love you! Less than ten weeks (potentially) until we get to meet face-to-face. Excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment