To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Saturday, October 30, 2010

"Clothes And Courage Have Much To Do With Each Other."

~Sara Jeannette Duncan


A very long, but FUN day! Woke up at the normal time this morning (or technically, yesterday morning as it is now past midnight). Had a great day with the little men I take care of-they enjoyed being dinosaurs at their mom's school parade. Went grocery shopping with the husband immediately following work (as we were getting to the bare bones in all of the cupboards/fridge). After quickly unloading a Costco month's worth of groceries (literally, as that is how we buy are groceries for years now), Tony made some yummy and delicious chicken and rice dinner and then I headed out to Nicole and Darcie's jewelry party. It was SO good to see Nicole again, I miss her! She's been insanely busy and I've been a crummy friend by not imposing my presence on her lately, so it was nice to spend an evening with her and some of her friends and family! Nicole's Mother-In-Law, Aunt-In-Law, Sister, best friend Meghan, and I were gabbing for a long time about pregnancy and her aunt gave us the funniest piece of advice: "...once you have a child, sex is in the back door for awhile..." (she MEANT on the back BURNER, but this was a more memorable quote and i loved it so much i decided to share it with you all)...i know, i know, inappropriate. Anyway, I laughed so hard-and then came home and posted it on my Facebook status. Too funny! Took a shower as I had been running around all day and needed to feel clean. I've been stalking since I got out of the shower (minutes before midnight) and am just finally rolling around to writing the blog. It bugs me that it wasn't written before midnight as it AGAIN throws off my feng shui, however, I am too tired to let it bother me all that much tonight. 


Sorry for the short recap, but I am exhausted. Luckily I have no early morning plans for tomorrow.


In other news, Peyton was summer-saulting or doing some amazing acrobatic feats in the womb all day today that it gave me the sensation of being on a roller coaster and being at the point right BEFORE you drop 10,000 feet. I'm glad she's so active, but it nearly knocked me to my knees every time today...I guess I need better practice dealing with it. It's not that it made me sick...it's just an incredibly, insanely odd sensation. Kinda cool, kinda vomit-inducing :) Way to keep Mom on her toes, little girl!


Okay, now it is REALLY time for bed and to hop in to cuddle with your Dad who has been asleep for hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment