To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

"Everyone Must Take Time To Sit And Watch The Leaves Turn."

~Elizabeth Lawrence

Okay, so my O.C.D. tendencies are fighting against my nature while writing this blog tonight. If you notice off to the left column of the blog, there is a tally of how many blogs have been written and then underneath that number it splits that total up by the number of blogs written in each month. Well, the current total (previous to tonight) is at a very nice number-75...part of me wants it to always be a nice number. Thus, by writing tonight's blog, my feng shui is all off because what kinda number is 76? Not a "Lindsay" number, this I can guarantee you. I'm sure none of you care about this at all, just know it really bugs me. Its like when the TV volume is at something OTHER than a multiple of five...it simply drives me bananas and is my version of when someone drags their fingernails against a chalkboard. But, I WILL push through because what this number ALSO represents to me, is a GROWING, STRONG, BEAUTIFUL girl who is day-by-day getting closer to meeting her mom and dad!!!!

Today was another beautifully, dare I say C-H-I-L-L-Y day in the Sacramento Valley. Ah, blessed autumn. I have never loved you more! In a bad decision on my part, I tried on some pre-pregnant pants this morning to prove to myself that I wasn't getting bigger (a fact that should NOT bother me, but I will admit to looking for an image boost this morning). Upon discovering that I could squeeze myself into said pants (no small task), I looked at myself in our full-length mirror in the closet and smiled, not bothering to look at HOW these pants made me look. As an ego boost, I decided I would wear these pants for the rest of the day-hence the "bad decision" part of the story. All day I was plagued by uncomfortable  pains in the belly region and on a "smart" move on my part, I had included a belt in the ensemble, hoping that by wearing the belt, I would prevent myself from bursting out of the pants at some unsuspecting point during the day. Lord help me when I had to go to the bathroom any of the two dozen or so times today, as that was the worst. I had the most amazing sensation of relief when I unzipped my pants and then, moments later, the dread of having to "think skinny thoughts" and hold my breath as I squeezed myself back into the small confines of my pre-prego pants. What was I thinking? Apparently, nothing! It was not an ego boost. I should have left well-enough alone by being able to simply fit in them. Never again will I make this mistake! It was totally not worth it. It also confirms my hypothesis that "morning belly" and "afternoon belly" are two completely different bellies, as the pants got tighter as the day went on, instead of getting stretched an more comfortable as I had hoped. I've included the picture in my weekly "belly" shot to the left for your entertainment purposes. Know that from here on out, all pictures will be most definitely in elastic-wasted, maternity wear!

Boys and I had a great day! They are both still having diarrhea, but their appetites seem to be back on schedule and we even got to get out of the house and go to a LDS temple for some Music Time. It was especially fun because they were celebrating Halloween so the kids got to sing Halloween songs AND go trick or treating around their school. J loved it. The noise and constant moving was a little much for M, but I'm sure he'll get used to it. Both boys napped simultaneously for about two and a half hours today-what a blessing! I forgot how relaxing it is to work on house chores uninterrupted and at a leisurely pace. What a great treat!

Got gas and Subway sandwiches for dessert on the way home. Watched an episode of PARENTHOOD on Hulu.com and entered information/weekly update in the belly book I write in every week for Peyton. Now we are going to watch some FRIENDS and cuddle in bed. The heater was officially turned on today, for the first time this season (not my choice, but apparently Tony was cold). I think it is perfect temperature, but I am willing to make some accommodations for the non-pregnant people in the house. We agreed on 74 degrees-I think that is more than generous on my part! :)

It was nice to chat with Mom and my friend Emily today. Hopefully I will get to skype with my friend Amy Mc tomorrow morning before work (she lives in London, so don't think I am forcing her to wake up at the "pregnant" hour like me, it will be afternoon for her). Hope you all are looking forward to your Thursday! For some reason, I'm full of energy today! It was a great day, with the exception of the lesson I forced myself to learn with regard to my choice of clothing.

Okay, tah-tah for now. Sweet dreams, little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment