To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Sunday, October 31, 2010

"Women Wish To Be Loved Not Because They Are Pretty, Or Good, Or Well-Bred, Or Graceful, Or Intelligent, But Because They Are Themselves."

~Henri Frederic Amiel

At midnight tonight I posted: "Something is wrong with this website and it won't let me post...I will write today's blog sometime tomorrow...hopefully, if it let's me in..."

In the morning (today, Sunday) Tony figured out that it was a computer issue that I continue to have. Once he cleared my cookies and "cash," all of my google applications began working properly again. What a pain!

Okay, so now to recap Saturday as promised. Because I had off of work and it was forecasted to down pour today, I drove Tony into work this morning so that he didn't have to get soaked on his motorcycle. Afterward, I stopped at a Super Walmart to get the remainder of the few groceries we couldn't find at Costco yesterday. While at Walmart, I got a text from a college friend, Jessie. I knew she was visiting her friend in San Jose and she was texting to see if I wanted to join them for a ladies day of a movie, lunch, and mani/pedi. So happy to catch up with my friend and to have a pampering day while it rained, I quickly agreed and joined them down in Pleasant Hill. We met for an 11am showing of Life As We Know It, ate lunch at Sweet Tomatoes (hooray for a buffet for the pregnant ladies-that's right, Jessie is due with a baby boy Charlie Adam about a month after Peyton is due), and got a manicure and pedicure. It was so good to see her and nice to visit with her and her friend Jen!

I drove back up to Sacramento to pick Anthony up after work (he had walked to his Mom's apartment until I could pick him up for a little exercise and fresh air). We visited with her for awhile, dropped off some of her mail, and borrowed some of her "bride of Frankenstein" costume items for handing out Halloween candy as a witch.

Tony made some yummy chicken and brown rice for dinner and then I got ready to babysit. I was a little sad that I started babysitting so late because J was already in bed for the night and I only got to spend a little time with M. K and M had dressed up as the Flinstones for an adult costume party at a friend's house (since their boys were dinosaurs, what a cute family-themed costume idea, huh?). Gosh, I LOVE those boys. I miss them when I head home for the day/weekend. They had a good time and were home around 11:30pm. It seemed like M's hair is getting blonder every day. He was born with such a dark head of hair, I'm amazed when I go to their house every day to see a lighter-haired version of this adorable little man...I wonder what color of hair he'll end up with...

I came home to a dark house, sleeping husband, tired myself, and a computer that wouldn't let me post my blog or even check email. So, I headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment