To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

"Friends Are The Family We Choose For Ourselves."

~Edna Buchanan

Got to cuddle with your Dad this morning, Peyton. I love this cooler weather! Your mom is FINALLY at a body temperature that seems enjoyable and your dad is all snuggly when he gets cold...I think it's a Win-Win situation, if you ask me.

Got a random text message from Nicole while at work today asking about Tony's shirt size and preferred shirt color, but she wouldn't elude as to why she needed this information...I'm intrigued...

Another nice day at home with the boys...now I'm going to warn you that although this story sounds like it's going somewhere inappropriate, it is not...it is merely going somewhere gross. I promise. After feeding M today (he chugged down his bottle and fell deep asleep in the manner of 5 minutes total) a wide smile came across his face. For anyone out there who has children, you know this is a bad sign. As I recognized the smile of contentment on his face, my crotch area got very warm. And it was officially TOO LATE. I had been poo-ed on. Yup, that's right. M let the juiciest poo ooze out his diaper and all over my big pregnant lap. He was either smiling because of a good dream, 2. because of his amazing aim, or 3. because it felt good to have some of the pressure in his diaper be released. Either way, I was the victim. I knew it was too good to be true that he was having a nice dream. I cleaned him up and luckily was able to borrow some of K's work out clothes while I washed mine. Ah, the things I'm preparing myself for...

Had a late night at work because J and K went to a doctor's appointment that went long AND then had to stand in line for some immunizations and blood work. M and I hung out at home after dropping J off at the doctor's. It was a nice few hours with just him.

When I got home, Tony had heated up some of the leftover stew. I was pleasantly surprised to get Miss Peyton's FIRST letter in the mail from a young friend and former nanny child, Ryan B. tonight AND a letter from Aunt Rita just checking in on us on the pregnancy. It is so nice to feel thought of! Thank you both for the thoughts and cute cards! I've included Ryan's note/drawing to Monkey! How adorable! He addressed the manila envelope: "To Monkey King (Care of Lindsay)." The biggest smile crossed my face as I realized how simple it is to show someone you care. Ryan, you are my favorite 8.5 year old!!! What a sweetie!!! So good to see your art work! 

A monkey for monkey...with my FAVORITE color of blue!

It may be hard to see, but there are EVEN Monkey STICKERS on here! What a "treat" to have Monkey's first Halloween gift AND first Letter all in one package from a dear friend! She's so lucky to have Ryan to look after her! She's going to love it when he gets to teach her things!
Excited to take a shower and watch another episode of Fringe AND get to bed at a decent hour and that is why I am writing my blog at this hour...I was a little tired today after yesterday's late night. Hope you all had a fantastic Tuesday and that you are surprised every once in awhile by the joys of a simple gesture. We are so blessed with our friends and family! Love you all! 

Petyon-Mama was thinking about your cute little nose and smile all day long! Can't wait to see it for the first time! You are already the most precious thing in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment