To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Saturday, September 25, 2010

"Wherever You Are It Is Your Friends Who Make Your World."

~William James

After a long night I thought I'd "sleep in"...well, that was kind of the case, as I DID sleep in until 6:15am. I had a nice breakfast and caught up with Nicole at her house this morning at 8am. Gosh, I miss her! She's such an amazing lady and although we're kind of neighbors, it feels like we've both been so busy that we haven't seen each other in forever. While there we discussed details of her throwing us/me a baby shower in November and the fact that we finally decided on Monkey's name. We actually decided on Tuesday night, but I was holding off telling people on the off-chance that Tony changed his mind. Should I tell you all what it is?...Hmmm...I don't know...maybe I should keep you hanging awhile later...Just know that we are both very excited and happy with this name!

After visiting with Nicole, I was off to the grocery store. It is at BelAir that I spent ALL of the babysitting money I had made last night on buying "stock" groceries and necessities for a fondue night with the husband. We had a delicious cheese fondue made of gruyere, emmentaler, and monterey jack cheeses mixed with a little beer, wine, and garlic. To dip, we enjoyed sourdough bread (baguettes cut up), garlic olives, mushrooms, chicken, and broccoli. I even got the "kid's" wine so we could have a semi-grownup date night at home even though I can't drink alcohol. Everything was so great and it was nice cooking with Tony, again. At the grocery store I also picked up some gifts and cards for some upcoming birthdays. And, there went all of the babysitting money... While in the check out aisle, I found potentially a new obsession and spent the last of the money I had on...

...it's like it was a magazine made specifically for me...
It may just be my new bible of organization...it was calling to me from the rack!
Ahhh, a girl can dream...if ONLY I had a house and enough money to live like this!
When I got home, I took a wonderful shower. I absolutely LOVE taking a shower with the shower window open on a nice, sunny, warm mid afternoon. Nothing is so relaxing! Logan called later this afternoon (inquiring if I knew where our Mom was) and shared some potentially exciting news that he is figuring out right now. Details to follow when he decides one way or the other, officially.

For dessert, I made some rice krispie treats. What a nice and relaxing Saturday! Couldn't have asked for anything more! Monkey enjoyed the dinner, as I could feel her trying to stretch out at the end...trying to make room for all of the new yummies in her belly. That's our girl! Your Grandma Mikee started packing for her move tonight...only two more weeks and then she's moving to make room for you big girl! You will soon be living in the room she was in! I think you'll love the idea of sharing that space with her!

Tomorrow's agenda includes church and babysitting. Although I mentioned cleaning the other day, I was just enjoying doing nothing too much to include that today...possibly I will be more motivated tomorrow...maybe.

Good night and sleep tight, pumpkin!

1 comment: