To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Sunday, September 26, 2010

"A Candle Loses Nothing By Lighting Another Candle."

~Unknown

You will never believe it, but I woke up this morning, had my morning fix of facebook stalking and when Tony left for work, I GOT TO WORK on cleaning. That's right...I cleaned the bathroom (counter, shower, floor, mirror, and toilet) and our bedroom/closet (dusting and vacuuming) and vacuumed the main living areas of the rest of the house. It feels so good to have a clean house! You cannot believe how much hair one house can collect from two long haired women, one short haired woman, a man who shaves every other day, three cats and one dog...okay, so maybe you CAN guess! Anyway, I feel so much better now that everything looks as clean as it appears by being organized and picked up.

Sadly, my friend didn't meet me at church today, as I failed to confirm details with her...but it was still a good message full of empowering parents to be the primary influence of faith and God in their children's lives. Everyone at church was super nice, again. After church I came home to take a nap before babysitting because my back was not feeling so good and a nap always make you feel better. Then, I got a text saying that one of the families I babysit for on Sundays returned late from camping and were going to having a family nap/movie evening instead of the scheduled babysitting outing. Minutes later I got a call from the OTHER family saying that three of the four of them had gotten the flu and so they were cancelling tonight as well. As much as I'd have loved to see the families and earn some babysitting money, I was excited to have the night off. So, I went back to trying to nap. Unfortunately, my back did not ease up and allow me to sleep, but the rest felt good, nonetheless.

Ant came home from work and made some really good ground turkey and corn dish with sourdough garlic bread. Mmm, that hit the spot! I just finished watching the season premier of Extreme Makeover Home Edition and am fighting back the tears. I don't know what it is about this show, but even before I was pregnant, I could never make it to the first commercial without tears in my eyes. I am so happy that these deserving people/families are getting help and hope!

Now it is time to head under the covers and clothes my eyes.

Oh, ...and by the way...our little girl's name is going to be... (Drum roll, please...)

PEYTON
MACKENZIE

We can't wait for our little girl! We love you, Peyton! So happy to feel you moving around! 

3 comments:

  1. LOVE THE NAME Peyton!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the name, but not such a big surprise :) Isn't it great to be able to call her by her name?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I know it's not a HUGE surprise, as you all know based on the blog that it has been the name I've been favoring...however I'm glad that Tony is 100% on board with it now, too!

    ReplyDelete