To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Monday, September 6, 2010

"The Most Important Thing In Life Is To Learn How To Give Out Love, And To Let It Come In."

~Morrie Schwartz

What an incredibly beautiful morning for a nice bike ride with Tony. We rode all the way down to Kavala Ranch and back (the next subdivision off of Sunrise, just south of us). After the bike ride, I made a trip to Barnes & Noble for some research while Ant stayed home, played games, and prepped for our visitors. At Barnes and Noble, I brushed up on some of my baby sign language, perused parenting books, skimmed baby diet books, and flipped through quite a few baby names books. I came across more names that I was willing to consider. They are: Annabel, Madison, Chloe, Callie, Madaleine, Dakota, Georgia, Charlotte, Emma, Hannah, Logan, Olivia, Savannah, Peyton, Addison, Mackenzie, Clarabelle, Gabrielle, Isabella, Alexandra, Arabella, Kalin, Bailey, Berkeley, Cameron, Ella, Hailey, Jordan, Morgan, and Sophia. When I shared the list with Tony, he said he liked Chloe and Callie. Of course, I enjoy both names, however I couldn't find another name that compliments Chloe for a middle name...and I happen to think that Callie Mackenzie King sounds cute. So, we shall see. The reason I went hunting for more names was because I was pretty set on Peyton Mackenzie King and Ant wasn't seeming to budge from Ashlynn Mackenzie King and neither of us were "in love" with each other's choice, although we liked the names just fine.

On a side note, Mom called me today suggesting the name Callahan and thinking Callie would be a cute nickname. I LOVE the name Callie, but NOT Callahan...so, here's a request and plea for all of you blog readers/followers...we are open to having the name Callie, but would also consider having Callie as the nickname for something more formal. Any suggestions other than Callahan? I also veto Callista on principal (the name given in the baby book as the base of the name Calli). We are also open to other spellings of the name Callie, Kali, Calleigh, Cali, Kallie, Calee...so get creative. Okay, you have your homework assignment, so get working... :)

New Daily Planner I got at the book store...hooray! I have everything on my cell,
but I knew that if my cell phone ever died, I'd be out of luck, so I bought a cute calendar
to keep in my purse. I love it and already began filling it out/organizing it!
(If you know me, you knew I wouldn't be able to hold out writing in it for long!)
While at Barnes & Noble I had to sit and go through the books on the benches back in the kiddo section because all of the adult chairs and tables were already in use by other book store patrons. Boo. Let me just say that the benches there...NOT so comfortable. I would've stayed a lot longer had I been able to find a comfortable position to sit in.

After I got done at B & N, I set off to buy some white spray paint to paint our toy chest (currently painted like a train on three sides) and some Omega 3 vitamins (a recommendation from one of the baby books I saw this morning). I stopped at Target, as it was next door to Barnes and Noble...but they don't sell any form of spray paint. I then stopped at Walmart and found cans for 96 cents each! Yay! The vitamins were also another find as I was able to locate a 2-for-1 pack...however...when I got home and opened the gel caps to take the vitamin...I realized how putrid the smell is for these particular vitamins! Yuck-o-lah! I put them in the refrigerator to see if that helps minimize the smell.

While we were waiting for our guests to arrive, Tony and I made a donation to the Brain Cancer Foundation in memory of Dan Angeloni, a dear friend's father who passed last week from brain cancer. We were debating on flowers for the funeral, but ultimately thought that a donation in his honor was more appropriate.

Around 3:30, Michelle, Jake and Richard arrived. The Parks brought us a beautiful "girl" assortment of baby gifts to celebrate our little monkey on the way! It was wrapped so nicely, I didn't want to ruin it. It was full of cute, adorable things that I can't wait to use!!!

Complete with adorable clothes, bibs, socks, bathing gear, burp clothes,
pajamas, chew toys, blanket, towels and in such a cute package!
Thank you, guys!!!

Tony made a delicious dinner of BBQ chicken, corn, and mixed veggies. Dessert was fresh watermelon or banana bread (or in my case, both!). After dinner, more friends also joined us. Mike and Sean made it over just as we were finishing up the food. The boys played video games while the girls talked about baby names and worked on the computers. Later, we ended the night with a couple rounds of Scattergories...I came in 2nd place and was SOOOOO happy that Michelle wanted to play a board game...I miss games! Now it's my time to go to bed, while the non-pregnant people continue to talk and play. I know that some have a long way home tonight and I know Tony has work bright and early tomorrow morning, so hopefully their festivities don't go TOO late, but I know that Tony has missed hanging out with his friends, so it doesn't really matter as long as I am able to get some sleep. 

I'm so exhausted that I think my eyelids will close against my will at any moment. I'm listening to "Notting Hill" on TV in the background while typing the blog but I know that as soon as my head hits the pillow I will be zonked out!. 

Another lesson for monkey: some of the hardest lessons in life to learn is to know when your body and your desires are saying two different things...and when to listen to which one. In this case, as much as I'd like to stay awake while we still had guests, I knew it wouldn't be pleasant for anyone concerned when I am THIS tired. So I listened to my head telling me (read: the old lady) that it was bedtime. Another lesson based on the quote/title of today's blog: learn that love comes in many forms! It can come in the look your husband gives you when asking if you can go on a bike ride, it comes from a smile across the table, and it comes from a phone call from a parent just checking in. Either way, recognizing it, accepting it, and giving love are all blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment