To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

"Live to the point of tears."

~Unknown

Sometimes, you just need to laugh at yourself. I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes. Mr. M taught me that today...I'll explain in a moment.

Slept in until 6:30 this morning, most likely because of the late night/long day yesterday. It felt so nice to wake up to sunlight. After a brief breakfast, it was time to catch up. I found "Bachelor Pad" and "If You Can Dream" from yesterday on Hulu.com so I could watch what I missed last night. While watching that on the computer, I finished putting all of the info into my new day planner, completed the calendar portion with birthdays, anniversaries, plans, and filled in the address book in the back.

...from inside the gifts from last night. Thank you Parks family!...


Next, I organized all of the gifts from the Parks from yesterday, put them away in the appropriate shelf in the laundry room for when Monkey arrives. Then it was time to fill out a grandparent's day card, birthday card, and thank you card and send it off. Mikee's lime green fiesta ware that she ordered last weekend arrived today when the postman came around lunch time. I also stopped off at Walgreens to pick up a fly swatter because there seems to be one buzzing around the house lately. And then when I swat it and put it in the garbage, another one appears out of nowhere. I don't know where they are coming from or HOW they are getting in the house, but they really know how to get on my nerves. Luckily, Mikee's dog, Sugar, is really great at catching them, otherwise we'd probably have even more!

I had planned on sanding the toy chest this morning so that I could spray paint it tomorrow but I ran out of time this morning. I guess that will have to wait. I replied to a few emails, updated the information online for our high school reunion, and chatted via Facebook with my cousin, MSHJ before heading to work.

While at the new nanny family's house tonight, our poor little Mr. M had an upset stomach...which resulted in liquid farts/poop bubbling up the back of his diaper and up along his back under the shirt. In an attempt to clean off his back after wiping down his front, I sat him up...at which point "Teo" threw up all over himself. Then I laid him back down to clean up his vomit, and he began to pee. Now I know one of the first things they teach you about changing a boy's diaper is to always cover the "front end zone" but I was so busy cleaning up the mess in front AND back, that I had no time for that step. While cleaning up the mess he had made all over himself, he managed to squeak out a few more gas bubbles that resulted in a few more liquid hershey kisses. Poor guy...he was coming out of every orifice. Somehow, through the whole thing, he was smiley and giggly, seemingly without a care in the world. I can only imagine how uncomfortable he must have been to be squirting out liquids in three directions, but he was such a trooper! What an amazing young man! Finally, when I thought there was a brief reprieve of items coming out of this young fellow, I brought him to the kitchen sink for a warm bath. What a soldier! All I could do was laugh...he wasn't annoyed or upset with the fact that I had obviously forgotten to shield him during the throw up or the peeing and I knew he must have had an upset stomach...so I took a lesson from the little guy and just went with the flow. He is such a great guy! I was lucky on two accounts. First, I managed to get none of the liquids excreted by Mr. M on me...a feat I am not quite sure how I accomplished. And, second, Mr. J was napping and so I could focus solely on cleaning up the mess at hand.

While both boys were napping, I picked up the house a bit and organized the cabinet with all of the changing station equipment (as well as pre-treated Mr. M's dirty clothes). I also made plans to come early tomorrow so that I can go with "K" to the Mom's group/story time to meet all of the other mom's in the play group. I have heard nothing but good things about them and I am excited to meet women who will also get to know our little girl in a few month's time!

After getting home from babysitting today, I enjoyed some spaghetti made by Tony, himself. Yum! I went on the hunt for flies with my new swatter, but they most have gotten a warning, as I could not find any so far. I put away some dishes, washed the ones that wouldn't fit in the dishwasher, and took out all of the garbage and recycling. I put a few cookies in the oven for Tony's lunch for the rest of the week and now I'm sitting under our ceiling fan in the bedroom, enjoying a quiet evening. Had a chat with Mom now that she's fully back into the swing of school, once again. Mikee finished putting all of baby's gifts together in her toy chest that she finished varnishing...overflowing with trinkets and goodies, of course. Mikee is celebrating the fact that she's only got TWO more days of work left at the current job.

I was able to work out getting Thursday off with my new boss (thank you so much!) so that I can support my friend at her father's funeral, mass, burial, and memorial. As much as I wish it was under better circumstances, I really am so appreciative of a sensitive boss, a great friend, and all of the amazing people that surround us in our lives!

On a side note, my belly seems especially big today (although it measures the same). Gosh, sometimes I feel like I need a "wide load" sign. I guess some days will feel skinnier than others...

Wishing you a peaceful night, pumpkin! Love, Mom and Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment