To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

"Sooner Or Later, We All Quote Our Mothers."

~Bern Williams

I just LOVE the combo of brown and blue (and lime green)! Thank you Grandma and Grandpa W!!!


Story time at the Elk Grove Library today at 10am was very nice! I was able to meet some other moms in the Mother's Group that the new nanny family belongs to. K introduced me to two other moms and their children. Next we headed back to the nanny family's house to learn the basics on a few more things I will need to know for when I start full time on Monday, and then I was on my own from 11:30 to 4:30. M had a very cute monkey outfit today and J looked adorable in his jeans, converse shoes, and button-down shirt! It was a great afternoon with both boys-and I'm proud to report that J had a great day of eating (a current battle we are having). Yippity Skippity!

Arriving home, Tony announced he would treat us all to Taco Bell for dinner if I would go pick it up. Let me say, it did NOT take a lot of convincing. Plus, we used tip money that he got from a customer to pay for dinner, so it tasted even better knowing we weren't spending any of "our" money. While I picked up the tacos, Tony filled out an application for a health care IT support certification program through the Consumnes River College in Elk Grove. We will see if he is accepted, as classes begin at the end of September. It'd be nice to have this certification...as I envision it opening more career door opportunities in the near future! At least, that is our hope!






When coming in from picking up dinner, I discovered a package at the front door from Mom! It was so cute because it was addressed to me and "BB King." Inside were two fabulously sweet outfits, complete with sweaters, and a book Mom had picked up from Calaveras State Park when she came to visit over the summer. Inside the book was a cute message from Grandma and Grandpa Wipp. It is so exciting to get the first mail sent to Monkey and also because I had already been eying the blue/brown outfit from Carters for Monkey's first official/professional pictures...It's getting harder and harder to wait for our little pink bundle of joy to come, as I want to start cuddling and playing with her already. It's too funny that Mom picked out the same outfit that I have been thinking about buying. It's scary how much we think alike some times!

How sweet will she look in this. I know she'll look so innocent, but as my child, I'll know better... ;)
For some reason, it doesn't feel as though my extra iron supplements are making the difference that I had hoped. I did choke down an Omega-3 vitamin this morning, despite the smell, thanks to my dear 'ol husband reminding me how benificial to Monkey the vitamins would be. I am off to bed because I feel completely drained...for a reason that still escapes me.

My favorite part of today was the surprise package for monkey and enjoying breakfast of fresh made pancakes with my husband before he left for work this morning. I LOVE it when we sit at the table and talk at mealtime! I can't wait until Monkey gets to do that with us, too!

On a side note, I have a special note for one of my regular readers: MSHJ...I kept up my end of the bargain today...how is YOUR homework going?

Also, I think I may have discovered a name for Monkey while absent-mindedly listening to the radio on the way home from babysitting today. Tony says he likes it and I think it's rather brilliant, but we decided it'd be a secret if we choose to use it or not. Sorry to dangle this in front of you all without going into detail, but if we DO choose to use this name, I want to remember that TODAY was the day we thought of it, that's why I'm commenting on it here. 

Okay, I think that is all for now! "Now I lay me down to sleep..."

No comments:

Post a Comment