To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

"Life Is All About Timing…The Unreachable Becomes Reachable, The Unavailable Become Available, The Unattainable…Attainable. Have The Patience, Wait It Out."

~Stacey Charter

Both boys greeted me with smiles when I got to work this morning. Before even finishing fresh-made grits by Anthony, I finished two more of my correspondence letters before heading to work...only two more left (I thought of another one that I wanted to write, so trust my adding capabilities).

Although this morning M was all cuddles and boat loads of happiness, he did not enjoy his time in the car seat at my doctor's appointment. He lasted all of ten minutes before crying...and BOY does it echo in that building! Poor guy...he loves being held and having lots of love and attention, and it was sad to see him get so upset. Luckily I only had a 10 minute appointment followed by a flu shot, otherwise it would've been really rough. On the positive side, J did awesome. He was a good listener, entertained himself, and was friendly with everyone. I think he was even pleasantly surprised that the needle sitting on the counter was for me, and not for him. His eyes got really big and his bottom lip stuck out when the doctor sat me down for my flu shot. As quickly as it began, he threw up his arms and said, "ahh duhN" (translation: all done) and smiled. I think it was a sigh of relief that it wasn't a shot meant for him! I was so proud of him because I can only imagine how hard it is for a 23 month old to stay happy and to focus for that amount of time when there aren't his usual surroundings to comfort him.

At the appointment the doctor took my blood pressure (all is good), measured my weight (up from my last visit-as expected-but still under my pre-pregnancy weight by six pounds), measured the size of my belly (exactly as big as it should be for the week I am in), and the baby's heartbeat (healthy and right where it should be). When the doctor put the cold jelly on my belly (to take the heartbeat with the machine), Monkey started kicking in response. She must have thought it was a scoatch too cold (as I tend to agree with her) and was trying to kick it off of my belly--good girl. Just the thought of that makes me laugh.

After we escaped from the doctor's office, we came home where Mr. J fell asleep eating his lunch, again. And...wait for it...both boys had a long (overlapping, mind you) nap this afternoon. It was so nice to get the other household chores done for them without any interruption or without having to carry Mr. M around because he was fussy. Plus, I know how much it helps them turn back into themselves to get back into their normal sleeping routines. What a great day! All I had to do was wait a little bit, and I knew Mr. M would get back into his normal nap schedule. Let's hope tomorrow is the same.

Glee's season premier is tonight, as that is what I am watching any minute now. Which means, it is time for me to sign off. What a nice day! Had some grilled cheese for dinner, yum. Even though the doctor said that my belly is measuring exactly as it should for this stage of the pregnancy, I find it hard to believe that her tape measure didn't have the picture of a 18-wheeler or a house by the little line she marked to. Is it really possible to get BIGGER than I already am? Scary thought! The only thing that makes me feel better is the knowledge that Ms. Baby Girl King is getting bigger, stronger, and healthier every day...and for that, I'd trade all the pounds in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment