To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

"A Hundred Years From Now It Will Not Matter What My Bank Account Was, The Sort Of House I Lived In, Or The Kind Of Car I Drove…But The World May Be Different Because I Was Important In The Life Of A Child."

~Unknown

Today started out with a beautiful rainbow on the way to work. I am pleased to report that my ALARM, NOT my need to pee has woken me up at 5:30am these last three days...which makes me really happy. Who knew that I would celebrate something like THAT? I guess pregnancy really DOES change you! In my reflection in the rear view mirror on the way to work this morning, I noticed that I look rather tan-a result of Saturday's car wash and Monday's park play date, no doubt. Yay for being tan! It MUST be the pregnancy, because I've never been known for my ability to retain ANY color!!!

Another great milestone, if you can call it that, is that I felt Monkey having hiccups two separate times today. This morning she had hiccups every half second or so for about five minutes-what a strange and unique sensation...although I must admit it does NOT feel like hiccups to me. It feels kind of like the "pre-toot" feeling, if I'm going to be grossly descriptive. Either way...it kept me entertained. She also had another three minute burst of hiccups when I got home from work today.

At work we had a relatively good eating/sleeping day with the boys. After our routine of Wednesday morning story time at the local library, M fell asleep for a two hour stint. About an hour later than that time, I gave J a snack and he fell asleep in his chair and he was able to take a two hour nap (yes, for those of you wondering, I DID take him out of his high chair for his nap). So, there was about an hour window within there where BOTH boys were sleeping at the same time-victory! Today felt rather warm to me...I'm glad today is the last day of summer, as I am ready for the fall (read: cooler) weather to come! Pregnancy has had me melting since April so I really appreciated yesterday's cool weather and could stand an entire season or two of those kind of days!!! Boy am I really excited for all things fall!

Tony and I made a dinner of roasted sausages, bell peppers, and mushrooms in a spaghetti sauce served over noodles tonight-yum (plus, it had the added bonus of being with Tony in the kitchen for awhile). It was actually really tasty! Tomorrow is our play date at the Sacramento Train Museum downtown...I know J is excited, and I'm not quite sure what to expect because I've never been there. Tonight there was some last minute editing I needed to do for our ten year high school reunion coming up next weekend. Sad that Nicole and I will not be able to get together tomorrow night (forgot it was her mom's birthday), but we did connect via texting and arranged a tentative date for our "west coast baby shower" in the middle of November. I'm excited to host it at our house-so more people will be able to see our place. What a great friend I have, huh? I love Nicole and she always make me (and Monkey) feel so important! Every day I am reminded how lucky and blessed we are to be surrounded by the people we are fortunate enough to call friends and family! Speaking of which, I even got a nice letter from a friend in Berkeley today...I love snail mail!!!

I was a little on the tired side today...sluggish probably because I stayed up "late" (hey, I'm PREGNANT, give me a break!) watching GLEE and got up early to pee and watch PARENTHOOD before going to work. Both were very good episodes! I have officially learned my lesson about lack of sleep and the effect it has on one prego nanny at work, but of course, here I am writing my blog so late...perhaps that means I can sleep until 6am tomorrow? We shall see!

Goodnight, my little hiccuping peanut! Sleep well! *Muah!*

No comments:

Post a Comment