To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Thursday, September 2, 2010

"It Is The Friends You Can Call Up In The Middle Of The Night That Matter."

~Marlene Dietrich

So true. At this time, I am not at liberty to comment further on the title/quote and why that it is the theme for today's blog, but just know that I consider anyone invited to this blog as a friend and would be there to answer your phone call at ANY time of the night and I hope that the phone works both ways!

Today was very productive! Aside from my nose starting to peel (from the yard sale that was last Saturday) I am proud of what was accomplished today! First, all of the bedding has been washed, as well as the normal weekly set of laundry (if you hadn't noticed by this time, Thursday is my laundry day-that way I trick myself into thinking that I have nothing but relaxing to do on the weekend). I also did two COMPLETE loads of dishes, in addition to about a dozen items that would not fit in the dishwasher. I also organized all of the baby's clothes by size...I was completely and totally surprised to find out how many clothes I had compiled from gifts, purchases, rummage sales, and donated items.

Accessories                Diapers
Size 6-9 months     Size 9+ months
Size 0-3 months     Size 3-6 months


I hope I didn't create a clothes diva before she's even born...oh well...she'll be so cute! I can't wait to dress her up in all of these clothes! By organizing all of these items, I was able to organize more of the baby items waiting out in the garage until the nursery room is vacated. There was also another set of cupboards (in the laundry room with the girl's clothes for now, by the way) for the clothes I can't pass off as "girl clothes" and extra bed linens and towels.

...keep in mind...75% of this stuff is baby stuff...to be set up in the nursery soon!!!...


A crock pot dinner of random freezer items that needed to be used up was thrown together at lunch today while eating leftover tacos. In the slow cooker, I combined chicken breasts, artichoke hearts, corn kernels, hash brown cubes, rice, stir fry veggie mix, can of cream of chicken soup, and a bunch of spices (onion, garlic, salt, pepper, basil, parsley, etc.). It actually turned out really well, considering I was just trying to empty out/clean up the freezer! To celebrate everyone being so brave and trying my hodge-podge dinner, I rewarded everyone with soft and chewy funfetti cookies.

After Mikee got home from work we went to look at an apartment in Folsom for her to possibly move into. In trying to get more information and a tour of our intended apartment, we came to realize that not only is it a senior apartment living set, but that they also have an income cap that Mikee does not qualify for...as she still works and most people who live here are on retirement income. The friendly lady at the leasing office referred us to two more apartments in the area. The first referral was way above and beyond what we would consider a reasonable budget and they didn't offer a shorter lease option (which Mikee prefers until she knows she likes the area). The second referral was a JACKPOT!!! It is the Overlook at Blue Ravine in Folsom and it is an adorable 700sq foot apartment with patio, in unit washer/dryer, hardwood floors, and in a great neighborhood. As soon as we were told the price, Mikee had her first smile. As soon as the leasing agent opened up the demo apartment, the twinkle in Mikee's eye told me she was "sold." After touring the apartment, we went to fill out the paperwork and reserve the apartment. As it turns out, there is an opening in October and if all goes well with the application approval tomorrow, Mikee will be moving into her apartment the weekend of October 8th.

As much as it is nice having Mikee around to help with the house and to visit, I feel that this move into her own apartment is necessary, and beneficial for all parties concerned. Not only will this allow us the chance to start putting the baby's nursery together, but it will also give Mikee the first chance in quite a few decades to do stuff for herself-which she deserves and needs. I am so happy for her and I know she is excited knowing that a big change is on the horizon for her. Another plus with this particular apartment is that it is minutes away from where her new job will be starting next week. Please cross your fingers that there are no issues with approving her apartment application tomorrow (as there IS a foreclosure on her credit due to the divorce and economy) so that I can happily announce in tomorrow's blog that the wheels are in motion for Mikee to be moving on and moving out the first week of October!!!

By the end of the day, all of the house's garbage has been collected and put out for tomorrow's collection (as well as the green waste). I feel happy for getting a lot done today! I am also happy to report that Logan's fiance, Megan has made it safely down to South Carolina so now tomorrow I will send her a "welcome home" care package of flamingo items to help make her apartment more to her liking.

Tomorrow will be some more babysitting and a trip to the post office to mail Megan her care package.

Also, between my last belly measurement from last week I am again reporting that my belly has gone up yet another inch. I hope that is an indication that Monkey is growing big and strong and right on time with wear she should be, developmental-wise! Still no kicking or sensation of movement, but that is to be expected when your placenta is in front (as my doctor tells me). I did have a consultation with my doctor over the phone today and she said that my fatigue and lethargic behavior for the last week and a half is most likely attributed to the pregnancy. She does not feel it is necessary to do any additional blood work, as my blood tests back in May were right in the optimum range. However, she said there would be no problem with me taking an additional iron supplement (because there is already some in my prenatals) at no risk to the baby. I think that tomorrow I will pick some iron vitamins up from Walgreens.

Good night everyone and thanks for a great set of friends and family that I am so blessed to be surrounded by. All my love to you, cupcake! So excited to have you wear these clothes I organized today!

No comments:

Post a Comment