To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Saturday, September 11, 2010

"All The Great Things Are Simple, And Many Can Be Expressed In A Single Word: Freedom; Justice; Honor; Duty; Mercy; Hope."

~Winston Churchill

Wow...I was thinking I wouldn't be able to enter my blog tonight. But thanks to my wonderful, talented husband, here I am. After my computer has been wiped clean and completely re-installed, I am back up and running, but it was touch and go there for awhile. Luckily, I live with in-home tech support...thanks, my love!

This morning started out pretty normal. First I ran a few errands with Nikki and Mikee. Today was the first of two days of the Mather Air Show and I was leery of the traffic we would have around here. It was a pleasant surprise to see that the traffic was relatively normal, as the traffic didn't pour in until the afternoon. We set off to the Davis Ranch for a little Farmer's Market shopping to begin our errand running for the day. While there, we got some delicious and cheap goodies like: fresh green beans, purple bell peppers (who knew, right?!?), juicy white peaches, yummy blueberries, and a few other items. We were off to the post office to mail a package for Nikki when we were reminded by the flag flying at half mast that today was September 11th, the anniversary of the attack in New York nine years ago, and we celebrate it now as Patriot Day. We are so blessed to live in this country, where men and women fight every day to defend our freedom and way of life. Thank you to everyone who served, continues to do their part for our country, and who has lost loved ones in the name of freedom. Thank you!

Our next stop was Kohl's where we exchanged an old for a new Belgian Waffle Maker (the old one didn't work like it was supposed to) and I am proud to report that not only did I not buy ANY clothes for Monkey while I was there, I did not put ANY items into my hand AND this is the first time since being pregnant that I've been able to resist buying something when passing by a children's department. Mandy Sue, you'd be so proud of me! :) Trust me, they had cute stuff...especially some adorable dresses, but I resisted the urge and kept repeating to myself that Monkey has ENOUGH clothes. On our way out of the store, there was another moment had by the King women that just makes me continue to laugh just thinking back on it. As we were exiting, a cute little boy and his mom were entering the store. We hopped in the car and Mikee asked, "Is that boy black?"...to which Nikki instantly replied, "Psh...NO! He's not black...he's....ahhh...TAN...like them (referring to the family he was with)." and ended with a flick of her hand. We laughed and laughed...and it was just so funny that she dismissed it as "tan" instead of calling the color by ethnicity. Afterward, she added to her comment by saying, "I'm TAN, so I can say that kind of thing..."...oh, Nikki, you make us laugh!

We quickly stopped at Safeway for a few groceries to round out our day, stopped at McDonald's on the way home, and were back before noon. Once home, I sanded the first layer paint droplets off of the toy chest and got to spray painting my second coat of the white paint. I feel that it covered well and that it will be perfect as soon as it dries. Yes, don't worry, I wore gloves, glasses, and a handkerchief while I spray painted and made sure I did it outside on the lawn where I could get the most ventilation.  Later, I fell asleep for a wonderful 3 hour nap and then Mikee and I met Tony at the Folsom Best Buy to pick up a new laptop for her (her operating system was done so instead of paying to get a new one, it was just as expensive to invest in a new laptop). Tony was excited to have a new computer for his mom, so he was happy to lend his advice and meet at one of his favorite stores after work. When we got home we took a shower, and Tony got ready to install his mom's new laptop. I sat down at my computer to check emails and work on some stuff, to find out I couldn't open anything and a little window informing me that I had a virus. Lovely! I am so lucky for Tony and all of his computer-savvy, tech-wise knowledge, otherwise, I would've been so sad! He was quite the expert in computer bases this evening as he set Mikee up with her new computer and basically re-setup mine. Ahhh...I always new I appreciated my link to the world via my computer, but I always forget how MUCH I enjoy it until the option accessing it at any time was taken away from me!

Mikee made delicious homemade (from scratch) cornbread muffins, steamed green beans (fresh from the farmer's market this morning) and smoked turkey for dinner. Nothing is as delicious as a meal made by someone else! Plus, it was just yummy in general! While Tony was doing the "computer thing" tonight, I watched a bunch of baking shows on TV...which I must advise is NOT the thing a pregnant woman should do! (As I am NOW craving cakes, cupcakes, rice krispie treats, and many other fresh baked items.) I watched a series of DC Cakes, Cake Boss, and Amazing Cakes for about three hours straight. I am NOT a cake person. I just don't enjoy cakes and I think that frosting is the worst part of the whole experience...we even opted to NOT have a wedding cake and had cheesecake instead for our wedding last year. That being said, I am craving a cupcake right now, like nobody's business! Thank you, TLC! More specifically, one of the shows was about two sisters who owned a shop and were having a bake off with some fireman. One of the sisters made a s'mores cupcake, complete with graham cracker crust, chocolate gnache filling, and marshmallow frosting...mmm, I seriously would pay top dollar for something like that right now! It looked so delicious and the whole time I watched it I was imagining how it smelled and how good it would taste to just have a sample of it! Of course the FIRST thing I did when Tony announced that my computer was up and running at 10:30pm was NOT to write my blog, but to research on google where the closest cupcake store is and it's operating hours for tomorrow. I am so looking forward to a special treat of a local cupcake...I am thinking that it MUST be the pregnancy that is making me crave any form of cake...ooh, I wonder if I'll have sweet dreams of cupcakes and other assorted bakery items tonight...wouldn't THAT be nice!?!

Tomorrow morning I made plans with Ms. Meghan (another pregnant chica) to visit her church in the morning. As of an email I just recently got, I believe I also may be babysitting tomorrow evening. Sometime in there I hope to get our yard work done (as that was put aside for all of our computer issues we had today). Day two of the Mather Air Show is tomorrow, so we shall see how that goes...

Alright, I better call 'er a night as it is already 11:30 and I do have quite the plans tomorrow. Good night and thank you for all of your love. Sending thoughts out to all of the armed forces, people in uniform, and loved ones of the September 11th, 2001 attack!

No comments:

Post a Comment