To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Friday, September 10, 2010

"Any Kid Will Run Any Errand For You If You Ask At Bedtime."

~Red Skelton

Cuddling in the morning with my honey bunny is one of the best ways to wake up! After he left for work, I chatted with Mikee (she has off today as Monday is the first day of her new job and yesterday was the last day of her former job). I also made a grocery shopping list for this afternoon.

So excited to report that we are now scheduled for a 3D/4D ultrasound at my 30 week mark. I found a reasonably priced place in Folsom that has a variety of package deals offered to people who want a virtual look at their babies before they're born. We can't wait to see our little girl at the end of October!

At work today, I got to spend a few hours with some amazing young men. J was "talking" more than usual today and I can tell he's remembering some of the sign language I taught him on Wednesday. While both boys were napping I helped make a taco salad for their dinner party tonight. I am really excited to be with the boys full time next week!!! These kids are some of the most fantastically well behaved kids in general, but I am so appreciative that they don't fight the nap/bedtime routine one single bit. No matter how many distractions a kid can typically find at the time they hear N-A-P, J grabs his blankie and makes the quiet pilgrimage to his bedroom as if I was offering a kid a chocolate ice cream cone in their crib. He's happy, doesn't pout, and just accepts it as part of his schedule. What a blessing! We should be so lucky with our kid(s)...although I know the saying that you have the children you were when you were that age and if that's the case...we'll have someone who'll offer to do anything and everything under the sun to postpone the nap/bedtime process. I am just so appreciative that at least two children I know enjoy bedtime!

I picked up Mikee after babysitting and we were off to Costco for our monthly grocery run. While we were there, we bumped into Nicole and Kimi who looked like they were finding good deals. We loaded up on a bunch of goodies (as our supply at home has been dwindling and it has been sparse for meals lately) and headed home. Mikee and I unloaded everything and I had to get a little creative to get it all to fit into the refrigerator/freezer/pantry.

With all of the new stuff we bought, I am sad to say that I ate up the last of our leftovers for dinner. As Nikki likes to call it, I made my "poor man's lasagna" where I mix noodles, butter, shredded cheese, parmesan cheese, and tomato soup. I also washed that all down with a big glass of fiber kiwi strawberry powder drink. The Mather Air Force Show is today and so I am glad to have all of my errands done, as I am not looking to compete with the traffic this weekend. I may even enjoy sitting on the wall to Sunrise tomorrow or Sunday to watch the show from the comfort of our own yard...we shall see how hot it gets before I commit to watching outside or not.

We had a little excitement tonight. Mikee, Tony and I were all talking in our room when we hear screaming and a lot of clattering going on in the front room. Next, Nikki yells for help and it sounds like something crashes. We all come running to find Nikki shaken up and her cat Mushu running around in a Kohl's bag. It appears as though they each had frightened each other...Mushu to the point of peeing on himself. He had gotten in the big bag to "investigate" as is his normal routine because he loves the sound and is quite the typical curious cat. When Nikki had come out of the room quite unexpectedly (and rather quickly for Mushu's liking), she surprised Mushu so much that Mushu began running (bag and all) and could not get out of the bag. He continued to run into the walls and the fact that Nikki was yelling because of a scary bag moving across a dark floor (seemingly by itself) probably really shook Mushu up. I'm not sure who was MORE scared! Aside from peeing on herself, Mushu must have also tried to run so hard that his claws got stuck in the floor...after we dug him out from under the couch, we discovered bloody paws. It appears as though he completely pulled out a nail from his left front AND left rear paws...poor guy! No wonder he was cowering in the corner under the couch in the living room. We got him all cleaned up but he was uncharacteristically acting like a big baby: cuddled up and shaking in Nikki's lap. As soon as we were done, he hid again. I think this might have just possibly shocked him a little and he may think twice about playing in a plastic bag for awhile. We shall see how he's doing tomorrow...

Twinkle, Twinkle, little star...Love you, Monkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment