To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Thursday, August 26, 2010

"When There Are No Words…Know That Silences Are Carrying The Thoughts And Prayers Of All Who Love You."

~Dawn Dais

First, I would like to take a moment to send a prayer out to my friend and her family. Her father is fighting cancer and right now the family could really use peace, comfort, and understanding in this difficult time. Oprah Winfrey once said, "Breath. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure." I feel like that is really true for what they are going through right now. All our love with the Colemans!

This morning began by making 35 MORE yard sale signs to hang around the neighborhood. Aside from a plethora of emails from more people wanting to participate and trying to coordinate emails/addresses/etc, I also spent the morning doing dishes, laundry, and cleaning. I almost dumped over the recycling bin while trying to bring it out to the side of the road for pick up tomorrow and luckily the only casualty was the skin on the top of my little toe. I was able to "pre-shop" a yard sale down on the south side of the development and found a bunch of baby clothes (14 outfits AND a swim hat) for $20 and I will most likely be back tomorrow to get some maternity clothes from the same family/lady.

I was at a loss for how to prepare tonights chicken (served with asparagus and rice) but ended up pouring random things to saute it in. I think the overall flavor was good. Some of the ingredients I remember putting in are: soy sauce, mustard, onion, garlic, salt, water, and syrup. You should actually try it. It made the chicken very juicy and tender and not a single piece of meat was left by the end of the meal.

Today marks the end of the 22nd week of monkey baby's continual growth. She had her foot pressed against my left ribs all day but didn't really move at all.  I have to tell you that last night's cold shower felt soooooo good, but unfortunately I didn't make it to bed before Tony fell asleep. Instead, I spent a little extra time shaving my legs and doing a fluoride treatment on my teeth (something I need to do during pregnancy to help with the increased chance of getting a cavity). My legs felt so nice...it really is the SMALL things that make a difference!

I was happy to not have to clean up any pet pee/barf today (my "welcome home" present yesterday after babysitting) and got a chance for a nice leisure walk around the north side of the neighborhood today. Right now I'm listening to Project Runway in the background and am determined to finish the blog before 9pm. So, with that, I will sign off. Sending love and serenity to those closest to me and those around the world who are not alone! Good night and God bless!

Hugs to you, sweet princess! Mom loves you more than you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment