To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Friday, August 27, 2010

"A Misty Morning Does Not Signify A Cloudy Day."

~Unknown

Let's hope that is true for tomorrow for so many reasons! Tomorrow is a little friend's 6th birthday party, a love filled day for a friend and her family, and a big block yard sale. We shall see what tomorrow brings!

As for today, I have to tell you that I decided I need to make an appointment with the doctor based on this morning's activities (or lack there of). After one or two days of napping, I could easily write it off as "catching up on sleep" or that perhaps Monkey was going through a growth spurt that was helped by my resting. It seems, though, that this has been an ongoing thing all week and now I'm concerned about why I'm tired. I slept last night (not extremely well, but slept nonetheless), woke up to use the bathroom and kiss my husband good bye (he was off to work) and then proceeded to sleep until 11:45am. I am thinking that when my anemia seems to kick in, I usually get a tired sensation. Perhaps this is my body's way of telling me that with the every growing baby belly, perhaps I need to ask a doctor if there is anything wrong. My hope is that I might just need to increase my daily iron supplement for the remainder of my pregnancy. I will schedule an appointment for next week and hopefully it's an easy fix.

Today I stopped by the neighbor lady's house again to pick out some of her maternity clothes she was going to sell in the yard sale. It's so nice having a VIP shopping experience! Anyway, I walked away with 8 maternity items for $30...not too shabby! I did a "boat load" of dishes, went grocery shopping, unpacked the groceries, and finished all of the last minute yard sale info/emails/organizing/pricing/signing before tomorrow morning. I hope we get a lot of traffic at tomorrow's sale and that we are able to sell a lot of our stuff! It'll be so nice to have our garage cleaned out from all of our "sale" piles (the Salvation Army truck is scheduled to pick up all of our unsold items after the sale tomorrow).

Tony and I agreed to snuggle while watching a "Friends" DVD, so I am going to head to bed so I can get up bright and early for a good sale day! I'm excited that it's only supposed to be a high of 76 tomorrow...finally, a nice cool weekend! And then, the rest of the day will be errand running with Mikee.

To our Monkey: Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite, see you in the morning light! (On a side note-and a gross note-bed bugs are in the news right now as a big issue in the midwest. So happy we don't have THAT problem!)

No comments:

Post a Comment