To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"If You Have A Preference, Voice It. If You Have A Question, Ask It. If You Want To Cry, Bawl. If You Need Help, Raise Your Hand And Jump Up And Down."

~Unknown

I think another thing that should be added to that quote is to "Only Ask Help From Others For That With Which You Are Also Willing To Help With." That would be my addition AND my lesson for the day.

This morning started with a nice kiss from your Dad...boy do I love being woken up with a kiss. He made me his delicious oatmeal for breakfast and then sadly had to leave for work. I unfortunately spilled some of my pink fiber drink down the front of my white tank top/pajama top this morning at breakfast time...maybe I should change my name to Janet Jackson and just accept the fact that I am a walking wardrobe malfunction.

Your Aunt Taylor was in the news last night being interviewed about a service that she had paid for and the service was not fulfilled even though she paid the amount. She wisely told everyone who would listen about her situation and got enough people to rally about the Chase Wellness Center in Virginia Beach to have a local news station cover the injustice. Good for her for standing up for herself!

While browsing around the internet this morning, I found an adorable link to a store that sells kids items AND the world's CUTEST website of a lady who caters and plans a whole myriad of parties but I specifically fell in love with how she organized the kids birthday parties and the baby showers (under the "Children" tab). Plus, her asthetic is AMAZING and super organized and she has such an eye for  design and simplicity. I could look at that website all day and not get tired. I am so amazed at the beauty of it all! I would love to throw parties like this for you, sweet angel. If your dad and I had oodles and oodles of money, I know who our party planner would be, hands down! Ah...to dream...

Some adorable boys and I had fun reading books, splashing in the pool, and reading this afternoon. I babysat for K and her family today and those two handsome young men of hers make me smile from ear to ear and giggle the whole time. It's hard NOT to enjoy yourself when you're in their presence.

When getting home from babysitting, I met up with a neighborhood lady to exchange some yard sale items and to collect a few signs. I made a pizza for dinner and got all of my sign-making supplies together for tonight's neighbor meeting. At Summer's house tonight, I was surprised that more neighbors did not show up to help make signs for the neighborhood yard sale. Perhaps it just wasn't a convenient night for most people, but at least a few showed up! We were able to make a few signs and get the BIG signs strategically placed. Tomorrow I will make a little project for myself to make a bunch of computer-generated "fluff" signs to fill up the neighborhood for the 18+families participating and to get as much traffic as possible.

Today was a record breaking temperature day...107 and boy did it feel like it! There have been hotter days, but never this late in the summer. On the other hand, we have not had AS many hot days as we traditionally have had in the past twenty-some years. Usually by this point we have had over twenty days above 100 degrees in the summer and at this point we're under ten. Tomorrow it is supposed to be fourteen degrees cooler than today and supposed to get cooler all week. According to our weatherman (and I know to take this with a grain of salt), by this weekend we will be in the 70s...which, if it happens will also be a record low for us in August.

I am super tired and need to take a shower and snuggle with your Dad before he falls asleep because I didn't get to see him too much today because I had only seen him for about 15 minutes after work until I had to leave to make garage sale signs and didn't return until about 9:45pm. I miss him so I have to let you go.

Oh, and on a happy note to leave you with, your Grandma K was just offered a new job today! She (as well as us) is so super excited about the new possibilities this job brings and we all know it will make her so much happier! Congratulations, Mikee!

No comments:

Post a Comment