To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Saturday, August 14, 2010

"When I Count My Blessings, I Count You Twice."

~Irish Blessing

Wow! What an amazing day! I am glad that nothing more yucky than choking on my prenatal vitamin happened, because I was able to enjoy a packed Saturday and get a lot done! It started with a car trip "field trip" with my mother-in-law going to scope out an estate sale up in Loomis, going to see the schools where my husband grew up (Albert Einstein Middle School and Hiram Johnson High School), and a whole boat-load of "baby girl" shopping/exchanges to be made. Then we stopped for a few groceries, came home, ran a few errands after a brief lunch of grapes, watermelon, and fiber water. After we came home from running errands, we spent 2 hours getting garage sale items organized and pulled together and sorting through storage bins. I had just enough time to take a quick "cool down" shower before heading off to the neighborhood's first block party. It was so nice to meet all of the neighbors in our little section of Anatolia and I had NO IDEA there were that many young children just in our little corner of the neighborhood. We met so many nice and interesting neighbors and it's finally nice to know who we are surrounded by, although I'm so terrible with names that I know I will need reminders down the road (can I blame name remembering issues on the fact that our little one is using up all my brain power, or is it still "too early" to play the "pregnancy card"?)! Ron and Jen were so great for putting this all together and I hope we can have another block party soon! Either way, we spent two hours socializing (yes, can you believe I was able to talk my husband into that and that he participated willingly, nonetheless?!?) before I called it a night and excused myself to go home to bed at 9pm. When I came home I had a little chat with Tony's mom about moving out and we talked about some apartments she was considering and where Nikki fell into the whole situation.

Now I am off to bed to cuddle with my man before he doses off. Sorry to be so short (and totally unlike my usual self), but I am ready for the day to be over as I was awake since 4am and it is now 10:30pm.

I think tomorrow I will post pictures of all of my baby goodies...oh, which reminds me, I met a lovely gal tonight named Summer who mentioned to me that she may be interested in passing some "girly" baby stuff onto me...yay! Score one for the neighbor team! Bonus! That was exciting and I think Monkey will enjoy it because Summer seemed to have good taste in clothes! Summer is also the one coordinating the neighborhood rummage sale in 2 weeks so I know I'll bump into her again..and her husband, I think his name was Ed...

Lesson #2, my darling, "Never be too embarrassed to tell someone it's your bedtime...they will appreciate you more when you are well rested and are more engaged in the conversation and you will appreciate their company more, too."

Okay, my brain is fried and I can feel Monkey trying to call me to bed, too! Good night everyone, and I promise to have a more entertaining blog tomorrow (well, at least I will be entertained). Sleep tight!

No comments:

Post a Comment