To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Sunday, August 15, 2010

"We Should All Do What, In The Long Run, Gives Us Joy, Even If It Is Only Picking Grapes Or Sorting The Laundry."

~E.B. White

I love little girl's leggings with cute tops...these are some of the cute finds from yesterday's exchanges.

As I have confessed, I am a self-proclaimed organizer...by hobby, if you will. So I had a very fulfilling day of organizing today! It was very cathartic and relaxing! The day started off by sleeping in until 8am. This is a big feat, as I have not slept in passed 5am for the last 4.5 months due to waking up at 4am having to go pee and then holding it as long as I can knowing that as soon as I get up to go to the bathroom, I won't be able to go back to sleep. So, sleeping in until 8am is a HUGE accomplishment. I am taking it to mean that: 1. my bladder is getting bigger, or 2. my urinary-related pregnancy frequency issues have resolved themselves, or 3. Monkey girl is trying to butter me up for something and she knows my soft spot, already. Either way, I'm happy and I'm celebrating!

Then I went to my computer as the 2nd place I always visit every morning, like clock-work (the bathroom being #1, hands down). When I open my email, I see a cute letter from one of my favorite men: my adorable little Kae Kae. I even think he typed the last few sentences and I just can't get over how big he is getting. I miss my little Wisconsin men! It was such a nice surprise to hear from him!!!

Look at this adorable jewelry holder we found in your Aunt Nikki's bins in the garage.
She wanted her soon-to-be niece to have it! Awe!

Because I was in such a good mood, I made some pancakes for my man and got to work. I started in the garage by re-organizing all of our storage items and grouping rummage sale items into categories. After doing this, I enlisted Tony's and his mom's help in bringing all of your Dad's collectibles and storage items up into the attic to get them out of the way. It was a hot, sticky mess up there, but we got a lot of work done AND the garage looks so much more spacious. I think your father had 9 bins we moved up to the attic. Whew! That was a work out as all were big tubs and so very heavy! We also had to rearrange some of the Christmas items to fit some overflow and recently acquired items. Unfortunately, I think that in the process of moving some of the items, we may have bumped the air conditioner some how :(. It stopped working (it was 88 degrees today and had a humidity rating of 89%) so it was not good news. After trying a new fuse and cleaning the filters, we needed to schedule an A/C repair for Tuesday, so cross your fingers it's an easy (and inexpensive) fix!



I was so inspired by your dad and all of his collectibles organizing, that I decided I needed to get all of your books (that I have stock piled for you) organized. Your dad had cleared off a shelf and I got to work. I truly love organizing and it made the afternoon go so fast...plus I was able to reminisce a little when going through all of my childhood favorite books. I know you will enjoy them as much as I did! There were some Disney, Dr. Seuss, Eric Carl (loaned to you by your Uncle Logan), and various other oldies/goodies. I even got started on organizing our closet: specifically the scrapbook stuff I have, but that will need some more work, rather than the hour or two I put in today. I WILL get to it, though, because anything I want to get rid of, I want to add to the rummage sale in 2 weeks!

After all of the organizing, I felt refreshed and energized, so I had some homemade chicken, artichoke, and stir fry veggie stew that I had made in the crock pot over a bed of rice. Yum! I followed it up by baking some of my famous and delicious (...if I do say so myself...) ooie, gooey chocolate chip cookies. I flipped on my new favorite show: CLEAN HOUSE with host Niecy Nash. While watching her and snacking on my goodies, I put all of my movie theater ticket stubs into a scrapbook, uploaded pictures, and took pictures of all of yesterday's exchanges/purchases that celebrate our finding out that you are a GIRL!

Some cute girl monkey gear.

Some pastel onezies, and cute dresses for our little girl.

It was a very productive day! It feels so good to get organized! As your Grandma W. likes to remind me, I DO need to stop procrastinating and start working on getting on top of my scrapbooking projects. I AM working on it and when I get something impressive done, I will make sure to post it! Hopefully this week I will finish all of my "little" projects and next week I will focus solely on scrapbooking, hardcore!

Lesson #3 to our little one: "You've got a lot of choices. If getting out of bed in the morning is a chore and you're not smiling on a regular basis, try another choice."-Steven D. Woodhull. Any day where you start out positive has no choice but be a good day! It's easy! Start out the day happy, and see how it's a domino effect!



Your piggy bank :)

Tomorrow morning, I will be taking Grandma King's dog to the vet for a little "girl surgery" procedure and having my ultrasound follow-up appointment. I will make sure to include a summary of my Dr.'s appointment in tomorrow's blog! Love and snuggles, my little monkey! Mama loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment