To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Monday, August 16, 2010

"There’s Never Enough Time To Do All The Nothing You Want."

~Bill Watterson, “Calvin and Hobbes”

As ambitious as I was in my head today, my body just would not cooperate. I resigned myself to a "relaxing day" of resting, but I must admit it made me feel a little guilty knowing that I am not working right now and that I feel the need to take a vacation from my vacation?!?

The day started with taking Sugar, my mother-in-law's chihuahua, into the vet for her appointment go get spayed and for her yearly shots. Then, I came back home and got ready for the day by cleaning up some dishes, making the bed, taking a shower, and replying to some emails before heading off to my Dr.'s appointment.

At the appointment, everything went stellar. This appointment was fulfilling two purposes: follow-up from Friday's ultrasound, and also my monthly prenatal appointment. My nurse practitioner assured me that my bp 98/60 is healthy, the baby's heart rate of 144 was good, that I have effectively stopped LOSING weight, but that I haven't gained any either (which I knew was coming), that the size and development of our little monkey is right on track, and that we may need to keep an eye on her kidney in the future. They said part of her kidney is slightly bigger than normal, but definitely not in the "worry about it" range, so we'll just keep an eye on it for now.

Before going into my appointment, I felt unusually tired and as soon as I got home from my appointment, I tried eating some lunch thinking that might help. Adversely, it made me more tired and my cramps were not getting any better. The fact that we didn't have a working air conditioner today probably didn't help the situation and I was simply feeling lethargic, so...I decided to take a "little" nap (which turned into 3 hours). I tried to make myself feel less guilty about it by reminding myself that there's a little person inside of me who would probably benefit from a rested mama and I easily fell asleep. :)

I woke up, not with a lot of energy, but with the feeling like the nap actually helped and was needed. I made some dinner and lounged on the couch while watching some TV and petting Sugar now that she was home from her surgery.

I should probably come clean that while I was "vegging" on the couch, I ate bananas dipped in chocolate and watched "Bachelor Pad." If THAT is not a guilty pleasure, I don't know what is! I would like to have included a list of what I accomplished today but sadly it's a non-existent list.

Life Lesson #4 my sweet peanut: "An  occasional 'mental health' day really is needed every once in awhile and can be beneficial even if you feel guilty at the time." Also, to quote Josh Groban, "There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." And with that said, at least I really committed to my day of lounging...which I guess I could put on a "to do" list and check it off...To Do: rest and relax. Check! :) There, now I feel better about getting something accomplished today! :)

Happy to report that our A/C will be checked out tomorrow evening and hopefully it's a quick fix because today was pretty brutal, heat-wise. The best I can say was at least we saved on the expense of air conditioning today...is that a silver lining, or what?!? Good night my little belly! Sweet dreams!


No comments:

Post a Comment