To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Saturday, August 21, 2010

"An Unhurried Sense Of Time Is In Itself A Form Of Wealth."

~Bonnie Friedman

While leisurely reading Craigslist posts this morning, I stumbled upon a listing for a natural wood children's bed with storage underneath. It was in beautiful condition at a garage sale in Folsom, so Tony and I hopped in the car for their 7:30am opening. We got there to find out it was not priced at a garage sale price, but we told ourselves it just wasn't "meant to be." On the way home we had a nice conversation about the wonderfully cool morning we were sharing and stopped off at Home Depot to buy some shims for our A/C  water tray and some extra lawn sprinkler heads to replace the two heads that weren't working properly. As soon as we got home, Tony got  to work on putting in the shims and switching out the sprinkler heads.

I watched one quick episode of our recorded episodes of Clean House before Nikki and Tony left to go look at computer/gaming stuff and Mikee and I left to run errands. We stopped off at the gas station, the bank,  ASPCA to get Sugar her license, Costco for some groceries, and Home Depot for more shims for the A/C unit. When we got home, we washed all of the new tupperware that Mikee had bought, put away all of the groceries, and washed all of our new fruit. We celebrated a successful day of errands by treating ourselves to some homemade grilled cheese sandwiches, pickles, and watermelon. Sadly, the sandwiches didn't hit the spot we were hoping they would because we were out of our grilled cheese cheese and had to substitute (unsuccessfully) with shredded mexican cheese.

Anthony and I took a bike ride around Anatolia where we were able to stop in at five different open houses. Is it just me, or when did open house day move to Saturday? Another surprise was that there was not a single garage sale going on? Since when is Saturday not THE day for garage sales? Am I backwards or what? It made me think I was going crazy!

After getting home, I did some www.metrolistmls.com stalking to see what the market looks like in our area until it was time to leave for babysitting tonight.

Those two boys are quite possibly the world's BEST snugglers! They are so happy go lucky, goofy, fun-spirited, and well behaved young men! I wish I didn't have to put them to bed so I could have spent more time with them!!! I can see why they are growing up to be such amazing men...their parents are so nice, thoughtful, and sincerely kind hearted! That whole family is so blessed and I am so lucky to share these moments with them!

While the two little men were sleeping, I borrowed a book of K's called "Eat, Pray, Love"...some of you may have heard of the movie that's out now, starring Julia Roberts. I only got to the 30th-ish page, but it was definitely good so far! I think when I go back on Wednesday I may read a few more pages if the boys are napping in tandem.

Either way, it was a nice and relaxing, yet fulfilling day! I am SO ready for bed as soon as I take my prenatal vitamin. Good night to the peacefully cool Sacramento Valley and sleep tight to my little angel! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment