To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Sunday, August 22, 2010

"If You Focus On Your Family, The Needs Of Others, Your Work, Meeting New People, And Doing The Very Best You Can, Happiness Will Find You."

~Unknown

It has been a rather uneventful day. This is not to be misunderstood as a bad day, just simply that it was a nice, slow-paced Sunday!

We had a little excitement in the morning when your Grandma K woke up to find her car alarm going off at 5:30am. This is not a good sign, as there have been an increasing number of neighborhood break-ins lately. She went out to investigate and noticed that someone had attempted to enter her vehicle from the driver's side window using a wire. Luckily, the effort had been thwarted by the noise of the alarm.

To get the morning off on a better start, I got right to work making some homemade pretzels.




They turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself...(and also they disappeared within an hour, so I'm using that as an indicator, as well).

I watched a couple movies, read a sweet email from one of my FAVORITE men (Mr. Kae) and painted my fingernails. Now, for those of you who know me well enough, you know that this is a big deal and a big step for Ms. Lindsay...I painted my nails red! Yes, you read that correctly: RED! I know, it's hard to believe. I think the world is coming to an end for me to freely pick out that color, but it DID happen. In the process, I did, however, drop my nail brush on our couch pillow and it rolled into three different areas. Perhaps that was a sign that forces are out of balance from my decision? Either way, some nail polish remover fixed the problem and after making some fresh fruit salad for lunch, all was right in the world of Lindsay Land. :)

As you can easily determine, I did not have a physically exhausting day by ANY stretch of the imagination, however, I somehow managed to be extremely tired around 1pm and took a 3 hour nap. I know, what a rough life I live, eh? When I woke up, I made a comment about how warm I was (a comment also shared by my mother-in-law and sister-in-law) to which my husband smiled like a cheshire cat and chuckled under his breath. Some of you may be aware of the battle I continuously have with my husband and his lack of desire to cool our dwelling below 80 degrees. I knew that his reaction implied the crime he had committed...while the ladies of the house were resting in their respected rooms, my dear, loving husband had taken it upon him self to sneakily raise the temperature in the house. Little did he realize that not ONLY do women pick up on slight temperature changes, but that the wrath of a pregnant woman in a California summer is not worth the trouble when air conditioning is involved. Hopefully he learned his lesson.

To show him I am forgiving (but NOT forgetful), I made a delicious dinner of breaded chicken, noodles, and spaghetti sauce followed by soft, fluffy brownies. After a nice shower to cool off and the trimming of Tony's cuticles, I am now ready for bed. Now, now...for those of you raising your eye brows (or shaking your head) at my last confession...YES, I do trim my husband's nails and cuticles about once a week. It is some nice shared time that we have after a shower in which I get to pick at his nails. This is something I really enjoy doing, and truth-be-told, he actually enjoys, too! It makes his nails look nice and I think it also allows me to keep my nails long because I don't seek cutting my own nails down to nothing because I have his to entertain me with. If you want another confession, I also partake in manicuring/pedicuring my sister-in-law's and nanny kids' nails on occasion as well as my father's when I see him. I know I sound extremely weird by admitting this strange habit of mine, but like you will come to learn, I willingly over-share, go beyond normally accepted human boundaries, and have no problem telling everyone about my idiosyncrasies. If I haven't grossed you out, stay tuned for another blog where it will most likely happen. Either way, thank you for laughing WITH me instead of AT me! :)

Lesson #8 our sweet cupcake: Be whoever it is you are meant to be. Make no excuses, for you only want to surround yourself with people who appreciate who you REALLY are!  "You are unrepeatable. There is a magic about you that is all your own!"-Dellinger.


Now, if I could only seem to get myself on to a schedule where I am not entering my blogs so late, this may be a really good thing I've got going. I have a feeling that my entries will start to get earlier and earlier, so I won't worry about it too much right now. 


Oh, and thank you, Mom, for ordering me some adhesive for my week of scrapbooking starting tomorrow! I really appreciate it and it will help me get a lot of work done (as I promised) with regard to pictures and album organizing!




Buenas Noches! 


No comments:

Post a Comment