To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Friday, August 20, 2010

"Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film."

~Unknown

Sometimes I can't remember what I am doing as I'm am on my way to go do it...does anyone have this? Is this a pregnancy thing? (Please say, "YES!") I may need to have my head checked out...please tell me I'm not the only one who is having this issue.

This morning I spent a good while scrapbooking and journaling in a "Baby's First Year" album. One of my favorite things I have from my childhood is a Hallmark Baby's Journal where my mom recorded pregnancy thoughts, family information, and a plethora of my "firsts" from growing up. I attached pictures of Monkey's family and friends and added as much pre-birth data as I was able. I also started work on my scrapbook organizing in our closet.

Aside from having a nice phone chat with Mom (Grandma Wipp) and conversation via Skype with (Uncle) Logan, I was also able to instant message a few people on Facebook. Cheryl was worried about the Wisconsin weather, and Mr. Steve-O was making no excuses for his wife, who was supposed to have a virtual date with me.

I enjoyed an afternoon of watching "The Proposal" with some homemade white kettle popped popcorn and some kiwi strawberry fiber drink. I was surprised to see how many people had "bra" advice to share with me! I really appreciate it and think that I am going to try out these...look forward to my review of them the next time I go shopping and am able to give 'em a "test run." Thanks, Hailee for the suggestion! It looks promising plus when we (and by we, you all know I really mean "I"...) get to nursing, I feel like it will double it's use!

Let's see, I unfortunately did NOT get a chance to go to the pool or on a bike ride (as planned) today, nor did I do the house cleaning I was planning on. However, I did make my sweet hubby a nice dinner of chicken, steamed veggies, and rice. Tomorrow him and I will work on shimmy-ing the drainage panel of the A/C unit, weeding, bike riding, swimming, and getting some cleaning done.

Knowing that it's not entirely helpful at the moment, but I have found quite a few cute and dare I say, flippin' A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E monkey ideas on various websites while I was postponing my scrapbooking. (Oooh, which reminds me...I am officially on my LAST tape runner, so Mom, if you are reading this BEFORE you make your run to buy some more for yourself tomorrow, could you PLEASE pick me up some too...you can use my profits from the garage sale. Thanks!)

Here are the Top 10 links I've found today:

1. Here's the website I found where I got the idea of the nursery's theme.
2. This is the link to a sweet little piece of luggage...for all of our trips back home.
3. I really enjoy the monkey baby announcements shown in the middle of this page!
4. How insanely precious are these monkey sock animals?!?
5. I've always thought that I would have these when we had a girl...how can you NOT like these girl's caps?
6. I just can't decide which one I like more...#5 or this monkey hat (which is cute in white AND brown!)...
7. How cute would this banner be, permanently hung in the nursery with our little girl's name!
8. Just in case I don't want to do a whole monkey hat, this could work...
9. I would LOVE to have something like this for our little girl's birthday!
10. So excited we'll be having a girl so I could get a chance to use these sweet little clips.

Right now I am listening/semi-watching "Van Wilder" as Tony sits next to me playing his video game. Tomorrow evening I get to babysit two cute young men while their parents have a much deserved date night! I'm off to bed. Thank you everyone for your continued support and interest in how baby and momma are doing!

Lesson #7 darling: "Friendship is born at the moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one!'"-C.S. Lewis

I was reminded of this today when so many women shared their bra/pregnancy/wardrobe malfunction issues with me. Thanks, girls, for making me feel like part of the group. And to coin a term used by a good friend, we could all use a "pregnancy artillery" that we also have the duty to share with others. I feel blessed to be learning some of your secrets!  

No comments:

Post a Comment