To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

"The Summer Night Is Like A Perfection Of Thought.

~Wallace Stevens

First off, we are so happy to announce that we are officially chilled. The A/C guys came back today, spent over two hours, but when all is said and done our air conditioner is fixed, working, and making us happy campers again, hooray! What a great end to the day! No summer night has ever felt so nice!!!

This morning was used to check in on your grandma, who took a sick day because she wasn't feeling any better and your aunt who came home early from work because she was feeling under the weather.

At the new nanny family's house today, it was so nice to see the boys and their mom! As always, Little "J" was a charming young man full of smiles to greet me at the door, and giggles to last the afternoon. Big "M" has grown even more since I've seen him in 3+ weeks...he's already tipping the scales at 18lbs and was such an adorable sleeper. Even while he's asleep, he just tugs at your heart strings! K shared some smaller clothes that the boys had grown out of. That was so nice and SO appreciated! There were some great finds, including: an Eric Carle "Very Hungry Caterpillar" onezie and matching bib, a couple silly monkey outfits, some Baby Gap, Ralph Lauren, and Tommy Hillfiger clothes, and some really cute baby animal clothes. We are so lucky to have this fantastic family in our lives who are willing to share all of their cute memories with us! Thank you, thank you!!!

Looks like there are a couple more people interested in having the neighborhood garage sale, so that's good as it will get traffic coming in our direction so hopefully we can move a lot of unwanted stuff out of our garage! That's always a good sign! On a sad note, I feel like my attempt to sell my roller blades on Craigslist was probably a poor call on my part...I feel like I would've been more successful at the beginning of the summer (or even the spring). I feel like my sales window has officially past as my roller blades have been up for two weeks (refreshed to new status after a week) and not a single nibble...live and learn. My next step will be to try and sell them at the garage sale in a few weekends.

I know this sounds like an excuse, but I really sat down at 8pm to write the blog so as to get to bed at a reasonable time, but the internet wasn't working and my laptop needed to be reconfigured...so here I am, after 10pm and still having another late night. I will try again tomorrow!

Some wonderful news happened today: a close family friend has had his baby with his wife. Congratulations, Trowbridge family for your wonderful and handsome new addition to your home! Noah, welcome to the world! You have such wonderful people surrounding you and they will take such good care of you!

Tomorrow I am looking forward to Skyping with my London-Lady and life-long friend, Amy McBaldwin. She is back in the U.S. of A. for a short state-side reception and celebration. Even though I can't make it back to Wisconsin for her, I've sent my love (and homemade present) and we will get to chat tomorrow via webcam. I am so happy for her and she looked so beautiful on her important day! Welcome to the family, Steve!

I think tomorrow could be a nice day for a swim in the neighborhood pool, doing some laundry, and maybe some reading on the deck swing along with a healthy-dose of people watching...

Oh, as far as today's "To Do" list goes, I updated our baby belly book and finished journaling in the scrapbook with all of our movie ticket stubs. The air conditioner being repaired was also on that list and we're so excited to be able to cross that off of the check list, too!!!

The night ended with some leftover spaghetti and some sandwich thins made into garlic bread. Tony put in a request for some of Mary's special Funfetti cookies that I happily whipped up for him. Mmm...it really hit the spot! I feel much more accomplished than yesterday...I also think I may have felt Miss Monkey's first movement on the left abdomen side this evening...but I'm not quite sure...if I had to guess I would think she was elbowing me, but it was so soft and short-lived I couldn't be sure. Stay tuned for more movements by our little girl!

Lesson #5 big girl: Mama doesn't do subtle so much...make an entrance, make a statement, be loud...I respond to that because then I know you're trying to be noticed, otherwise I question myself or over-think what happened...Mama needs your help sometimes! :) This will be the case all of your life, sweetheart! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment