To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Saturday, August 28, 2010

"A Good Home Must Be Made, Not Bought."

~Joyce Maynard

It is so nice to be rid of all of our clutter, excess...and dare I say, JUNK! Everything that didn't sell has been donated to the Salvation Army (although they have not made their 2pm scheduled pick up as per the email I received, so not quite sure what happened with that). We were able to sell about half of our stuff and that was more than I had expected to sell, because I quite honestly felt it wasn't that great of a selection. Of course, the items that I did think had value and would sell right away are back in our garage waiting to be sold on craigslist sometime this week, hopefully. The money that we made was used to buy some of my prenatal vitamins, fiber vitamins, fiber powder packets, and a few more groceries at Costco. It was a nice day out in the front yard, people watching, neighbor visiting, and it was so nice to have a "cool" Sacramento day. It was overcast, windy and in the mid 70s. Somehow, I managed to get a severe burn on my face and chest, but I'm just glad it wasn't in the 100s like last weekend. We started setup at 6 o'clock this morning and we had our first 20 customers starting at 7am (even though we didn't open until 8am). After 10am we had only 7 buying customers, as most people came earlier rather than later. All in all, it was a nice morning outside and I'm just happy we were able to get rid of all of our unwanted/unused items.

We cleaned up the garage, put stuff away, put the new groceries away, and took a nice shower. Because I was up since 4am (had to pee and was unable to go back to bed), I am more than happy to head to bed for the night. Buenas Noches, California! xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment