To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Sunday, August 29, 2010

"If You Wish To Forget Anything On The Spot, Make A Note That This Is To Be Remembered."

~Edgar Allan Poe

Mikee and I started out the morning by getting gas for the car, getting a car wash, picking up a few necessities at Target, and getting some info about a possible new futon for her at the futon store downtown. Ultimately we didn't order anything because nothing should be decided until the future plans for Mikee and Nikki and their living arrangements in the future are set in stone. It was still good to see the prices and see what we liked because everything looks so different when you see it online. We came back home where I watched movies, finished birthday gifts for upcoming birthdays, and made soup and grilled cheese for a late lunch.

At 4pm I returned some items at Walgreens and drove through the neighborhood assessing the "aftermath" of yesterday's yard sale and to see if I was the only one with Salvation Army pickup items STILL out at the end of the driveway. Turns out that not only was I not the only one with a scheduled pickup that didn't come as promised, but that there were some people who were taken advantage of the free goodies on the sidewalks. I don't have a problem with this in principle, but they were flinging items everywhere and making a mess so I was hoping that I wouldn't have to come home and clean it up.

Deciding to just "get over it" and let what was going to happen, happen, I drove off to see three special children. A, R, and K have grown so much and it was so great to see them again! I got to see Ms. K's birthday booty from yesterday's unicorn party, hear about Mr. R's speedy reading and awesome time in his new 3rd grade class, and Mr. A's awesome time with soccer and the get together's he's had recently. Mr. A had grown the most since I had seen them a month and a half ago and I think he was quite a few inches taller and a few years older in that time. It was sad that I didn't get to spend more time with them, as I started babysitting at dinner and before I knew it, it was bedtime. It was nice catching up with Mrs. K and I hope I get to babysit again, soon!

After working so much (Anthony) and me being up so early, Tony and I are both ready for bed. We are going to watch a little something and cuddle in this beautifully cool summer evening! It was so perfect today at 79 degrees that we had the windows open and the air conditioner off. The breeze made everything absolutely stunning (along with the sun-shiny sky) and I was hoping we have a few more days of this type of weather in our future! I wouldn't mind a whole season or two of weather like it was today!

Monkey, I feel like you are growing faster and faster now, as today I officially committed myself to maternity shirt AND skort as I felt it was necessary. You really are helping make mom's need to tell people she's pregnant unnecessary! Love you, sweetie pie! God bless my growing belly and the little girl who's on her way!

No comments:

Post a Comment