To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Monday, August 30, 2010

"Gardening Requires Lots Of Water-Most Of It In The Form Of Perspiration."

~Lou Erickson

Looking outside today, I made a mental note of yard work for the next week/weekend. Hopefully, I can talk my husband and mother-in-law to work on the items with me. These yard to do list items are: pulling weeds, lawn mowing, edging, bush/hedge trimming, vegetable plants pulling, and spraying weeds with weed killer. With the weather being a little cooler than it has been, I am hoping to get all of the duties done before the end of the weekend so that once Labor Day rolls around, we are set for the end of the summer, lawn-wise. I am hoping that next year's garden bares more fruit than this year. I'm not sure if it was because we planted too late, if the abnormally "cool" Sacramento summer we had, if it was the clay-like ground it was planted on, or a combination of all of the above, but sadly we hardly got any of our garden to grow the way we had intended. Out of planting cilantro, cucumber, onion, tomato, red pepper, green pepper, and jalapenos, we got ONE cucumber that was edible (although it didn't look too tasty), 5 tomatoes, and a few of the other items that grew but were in no way to be considered edible or appetizing to the eye. It was a good first try, and hopefully our garden will get better year by year!



I got a package from my mom this morning of twenty tape runners for scrapbooking! Now, I can work on it for the rest of the week. I also checked into an issue we had with Tony's phone and still being called from the call box of our old apartment, our life insurance monthly payment not being consistent with what we've been quoted, and a telemarketer who's been hounding us about an air purifier.

After stopping at the bank to deposit the babysitting money from last night, picking up the mail, and running a few errands, I came home and hopped on google. Mikee had me checking craigslist for free items that I told her were there: a cat scratch tree, an upright piano, dining room chairs, etc. as opposed to paying money for new items. We shall see what becomes of the search once people email me back. I was also able to find an apartment that she may be interested in. We've decided to go check it out on Friday after work or Saturday while we're on her "new work clothes" shopping date.

I made some veggies, rice, and tender chicken for an Lindsay version of stir fry tonight. Tony has been uncomfortable the last few days with gas, so I had a whole fiber buffet laid out for him when he came home from work tonight. Tony also is interested in getting a leaf blower (we have no trees, hence no leaves...but he wishes to use it to blow grass clippings and wood chips off the sidewalks/driveways/patios). I enlisted the help and advice of my dad and printed out suggestions for Ant to check into when we have the finances available.

Calling the Salvation Army to get answers for why Saturday's scheduled pickup never happened, I am left with no answers but only assurances that there WILL be a pickup sometime tomorrow. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment