To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

"Dance Like No One’s Watching. Sing Like No One’s Listening. Work Like You Don’t Need The Money. Live Like It’s Heaven On Earth. Love Like You Have Never Been Hurt."

~Unknown

In my case, they WERE watching. They are ALWAYS watching. Even when you hope to God that they are not. I don't mean that to sound creepy nor do I mean that to sound like the intro to a really bad movie where you're being secretly taped...let me explain...

Have any of you ever woken up in the wee hours of the morning and decided there was no need to spend extra time combing your hair, rubbing the sleep out of your eye, brushing your teeth, or dare I say putting on a bra to just quick go grab something out of your car. Such was my fate today. Nikki had called saying she had lost her work ID badge somewhere at home and had asked if I would look for it. Not finding it in the house, I checked the driveway (quickly, mind you) thinking she may have dropped it on her way to her car. On the plus side, I did INDEED find her badge laying at the bottom of the driveway. Unfortunately, three of my closest neighbors had been entering their cars on their way to work at the same time I was trying to secretly operate my stealthy investigation. To only add to the embarrassment, I quickly slip my way inside and am so happy to close the front door only to brush my arm against something unusual. Yup, that's right, I had my pajama shorts on inside out! With the 3 WHITE tags hanging out and happily waving and my morning neighbors against my dark purple shorts, I'm sure I was THAT girl! Yup, the next unsuspecting star on a show of WHAT NOT TO WEAR. I swear I thought that I could easily slip out, check for the badge, and come back inside, undetected. Will I EVER learn my lesson? Does this qualify as another wardrobe malfunction?

Either way, I quickly changed my shorts to be facing the right side out and slipped on a bra. This was just a precaution in case I happened to have left my pride out on the driveway with my episode this morning and one of my nice neighbors decided to take pity on me and knock on our front door to return it. At least none of them tried to talk to me or have me wave them a work send off...they (rightfully so) pretended to not see me and drove off in the opposite direction as fast as their cars could carry them.

To add to the drama of the day, I have a question for you all. Do you ever notice something that you're not particularly fond of but out of respect for creating a non-confrontational living space with roommates, you over look this particular aspect. And then it happens again. And again. Such was the case of my disappearing fiber packets. Now, bare in mind that I have consume higher levels of fiber than the normal person to keep my stomach at ease. Because fiber doesn't happen to be the tastiest of all food, I relish in the few high-fiber items I can find that do NOT taste like cardboard. Of course, they come at a price, but if they make my stomach feel better and are tolerable (dare I say, tasty) to eat, the price is not an issue. That being said, I have found quite a few good finds, in case any of you are needing to supplement your diet. Sandwich Thins, Fiber Select Wheat Thins, Fiber One Bars, Cereal, Gummy Vitamins, muffins, Healthy Choice Dinners, Skinny Cow Ice Cream Bars, and ultimately, DRINK MIX POWDER (in packets or in a tub). Anyway, my packets have been "walking away" at a faster rate than what I had been drinking in the last week or two...so, naturally I had fingered a few suspects but to keep the peace in the house, I had chosen not to confront the culprits. This is the part in the story where my husband walks in to clear his cup and I happen to notice a pink rim around the bottom edge of his empty cup. This is also the point in the story where I put all of the pieces of the puzzle together...My HUSBAND has been the one stealing my packets. In a moment of desperation, as he likes to tell the story, he was "starving" and had to resort to a snack of flavored fiber water. Having low expectations, he was surprised to find how good it tasted AND has been enjoying MY fiber water since. Now, normally this would not be an issue except I take them kind of like a medicine, if you will and he is just helping himself to my medicine, tasty and non-prescription or not. I also feel terrible that I had been pointing the fingers at my mother in law and sister in law for the last week, thinking that they had been operating a undercover side operation to deplete my fiber sources. And here it was, my husband, the whole time. I should have known. Mystery is officially solved and now I know I need to allow more of my budget for fiber drinks, because ultimately, it's not a terrible thing for Tony to be drinking sugar-free, fiber water. Next time something starts disappearing, I know who my top suspect will be...

On a more positive note, I was able to speak on Skype with my favorite British lady this morning. The newlyweds were on their way back across the Atlantic today before heading off for a week long vacation on the Mediterranean. They looked happy, healthy, and in love and seemed to be full of energy, considering that they had a honeymoon in Kenya, a week long reception back in the states, and a big London wedding to kick start the nuptials. Either way, it was so nice to chat and I'm happy that they're happy!

Today I finished the work on the birthday present I talked about yesterday. I won't give too much away, but I have enclosed a sneak peak of one of the items just so you know what I spent time on today.

Tony made a delicious chicken, mash potatoes, cream of mushroom, and corn type of casserole today and I actually had two helpings. I will confess to another nap today, I'm wondering if I am getting lazy, if the baby is in the middle of a growth spurt, or if it's somehow a combination of the two. Tony had a dentist appointment today that was supposed to be a simple check up that turned into a crown replacement (they discovered a cavity under his most recent crown) and periodontal maintenance. His twenty minute appointment turned into four hours, but at least they caught it before it came a huge problem, he got it all taken care of in one visit, and it was at no additional cost to us (with the exception that Tony's dental allowance for the year is now maxed out on insurance, so anything else that comes up between now and the end of the year will be out-of-pocket). He was happy that it got him out of a day of work, because he was supposed to go in as soon as he got out of his appointment but by the time he got home, it was 2pm and work said it wasn't worth coming in for 2 hours.

I thought that I had been in the mood for chewy peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, so I made some for dessert, however one quick steal of a dollop of the dough satisfied my craving, so the cookies are ready to be packed for lunches for tomorrow or a snack for the rest of the week. Perhaps I will bring them to share at the garage sale sign making meeting tomorrow night...hmmm...

Lesson #10 cuddle bug...learn to laugh at yourself. That's the greatest way to stay humble.

No comments:

Post a Comment