To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Monday, August 23, 2010

"Care No More For The Opinions Of Others, For Those Are Just Voices. Act For Yourself. Face The Truth."

~Katherine Mansfield

Productive day! Started off with some yummy brown sugar oatmeal from my honey. Then he headed off to work and I GOT to work! I sent off a bunch of emails, coordinated more items on our neighborhood website for things coming up in the next few weeks and planned a few meet ups with neighbors for some baby clothes exchanges for sometime later this week, did a bunch of dishes, and started in on the project of the week: SCRAPBOOKING.

I started out by organizing the stuff that I want to hang onto and the stuff I want to try and sell in the yard sale. I went through EVERYTHING: paper, stickers, albums, idea books, tools, embellishments, etc. After that, I separated all of my scrapbook stuff into sections, grouping everything by theme/layouts. I made sure I had the pictures, embellishments, paper, stickers for each of the things I needed to scrapbook. I picked the smallest project out of all of the separate sections of themes to work on, knowing full well that I had only HALF of a tape runner to work with until I ran out. I made some future layouts for my ticket stub scrapbook and didn't even finish that before running out of the glue. I knew that I had chosen the right project to work on because I would've been really frustrated to get "into" one of the other themes only to have to stop, so this had been a good decision on my part.

After some leftovers for lunch, Nicole picked me up to run to a local farmer's market off of Jackson. We started talking about baby names and that is where I got the idea for the quote for this blog's title. I was telling her about all of the baby name suggestions we have made and how I've been brutally honest with my reaction to the names and how I feel it only fair that you all are AS honest with me about names...because right now everything is in the hypothetical stage. In then end, we agreed that it would be a different story if our baby was born and then we were making less than supportive comments about name choices once there's an actual little girl involved and I know that you guys are way above that. It is more a matter of me being very open and blunt about how I react and I want to take this opportunity to apologize if I have offended any of you with my responses about name suggestions! Please know that I appreciate all of your suggestions, but ultimately, we are going to go for what is right for Tony, myself, and baby monkey!

When I got home, I worked on a birthday project for a friend coming up but I can't get more into it because I feel she may be reading my blog. Mom called and we chatted for awhile, then I had a nice evening with my husband, complete with dinner and watching Bachelor Pad while eating brownies. I gave him a hair cut (more accurately described as a shave) and then we cuddled. It was a good day with a great ending!

I am ready for bed and glad to have the friends and family surrounding us during our lives and during our pregnancy! Hugs!

Lesson #9 sweety, "A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though  he knows you are slightly cracked." Bernard Meltzer. Enough said. 

No comments:

Post a Comment